Sunday, January 2, 2011

More Cat Tales...

Today isn't as good as yesterday.

Man...I just hate that.

Today I woke up with a fever and extreme lethargy.  I guess the 'nadir' days have begun.  (Lowest dips to the white and red blood counts.)  Tom, as usual, came in and 'tylenoled' me, fed me, and supported me while I had a pity party. 

I thought I was going to get to go to the grocery store today.  Sigh.  Wah.  I guess I need to get a list together for Tom to take with him.  That is sooooo much harder than just going in there and grabbing what I want.  It is easier to see it and remember we need it than try to remember it to send him after it.  I don't really know what the good meats are for the day from my bed either...ARGGHHH. 

Shadow is kind of whiny today too.  Poor Tom.  She was in the bathroom with him where the washer and dryer were going and she was SCREAMING to get out of there.  The washer terrifies her.  She doesn't like that spin cycle at all. 

Then she wanted the window open.  (Yeah...it's 30 degrees outside today but SHE wants the window open.)  I'm ashamed to say we do crack it for her so she'll be happy. 

Lately, since I've been home all the time, she has 'trained' me to brush her several times a day.  She meows, I follow her into the laundry room (where her food and water are) and she jumps up on the counter and I pull the brush out of the drawer and brush her all over.  This happens SEVERAL times a day.  Tom has been dealing with that on the days that I'm crashed and I THINK he's about had enough of it.  Believe it or not...he isn't a natural care giver...especially not to cats...oops.  Sorry, Tom.  I didn't mean to spoil her...it's just like with kids...BJ used to point to stuff and I would just automatically get it for him.  It's all second nature to me.  Half the time I don't even remember following her into the laundry room.  All of a sudden, I'm just standing there brushing her. 

Well, I'd better get busy with that grocery list...I feel a nap coming on and I know Tom would rather get this out of the way so he can relax the rest of the day (well, except for brushing the cat...HA).

5 comments:

  1. Even in the midst of hard stuff, you're fun!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO funny,Brushing a cat when you are so sick,amazes me.you are a very careing person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Barbara -

    I am just a sucker for needy things...8-)

    Hi Mike -

    Love you guys right back. Say hi to Tina and Josh.

    -T

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, Babe, Thanks for chatting with me today, and I hope you are feeling better tomorrow. Funny about kids and cats, the way they just look at us, and there we are doing their bidding, without them even saying a word, isn't it? (well, it would be even funnier if cats said words, wouldn't it? ha.
    Love you'ns forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)