Monday, January 3, 2011

I'll Wait For You

I am shopping today.

I'm not leaving the house but doing it by internet which is particularly hard for some of the shopping. 

The first item was easy.  I needed some more lotion from Bath and Body Works.  Piece of cake.  Five minutes and that job was complete.  They even had it on sale because they're DISCONTINUING it.  How come everything that I like, they discontinue?  I ordered six bottles because of that.  I figure in six months when I need it again, I can actually go physically to the store and see what I like.  

The next item...not so easy.  This weekend I washed the bathroom rugs and opened the washer to find the backs had disintegrated.  Sigh.  They were only three years old.  I guess I washed them to death over the last three years.  (Must have clean...)  They were good Sears rugs too.  Now I am searching online for a color that won't be true on the computer....(I don't care how good a video card is, it never shows exactly the same color on your computer as it would if you were holding it in your hand.)  I'm a picky decorator but we really need something on the floor in the bathroom so I'm going to jump right into it. 

OK, jumped into it and back out of it.  I can't do it online.  I spent 4 hours looking (I'll never get those 4 hours back...sigh.) and found a color that I think might work from Bed, Bath, and Beyond but I couldn't match towels to them.  (Of course, since I'm changing colors for the rugs, I have to have new towels to match...8-)  We will just have to struggle through until this next weekend when I will be able to leave the house.  (Get ready for heavy duty shopping, honey!)

Tom just sent me the most beautiful email.  He had heard a song on the radio to which he said "This is EXACTLY HOW I FEEL WHERE YOU ARE CONCERNED."  He says the first part of it doesn't apply since he doesn't travel but the part below in blue is what he was talking about.  (Now how sweet is he?  That's my soulmate talking.)  Of course, I haven't even heard the song but the words made me cry.  

I'll Wait For You by Joe Nichols:

The snow in Montana was three feet high
The lady at the counter said: There ain't no flights
And so he called her on the telephone
He said: I'll rent a car and I'll drive home

And she said: I'll wait for you
Like I did last year
At Christmas time with your family here
And your truck broke down out in San Antone
And the gifts stayed wrapped until you got home
Oh, this ain't nothin' new
Sweetheart, I'll wait for you

Now he's on his cell phone in a Coupe Deville
Talkin' to the one he loves and always will
His heart is breakin' 'cause she's there alone
Her heart is achin' 'cause she wants him home
She says: I'll wait for you like in '68
When our child was due, but I said, he'll have to wait
Until his dad gets here and stands by my side
Remember, Dear, our son's first cry
Oh, this ain't nothin' new
Sweetheart, I'll wait for you

He didn't stop all day to eat a bite
And he finally got there around midnight
The doctor said, she's in a better place
She said to give this you this note just in case

And it said, I'll wait for you at Heaven's gate
Oh, I don't care how long it takes
And I'll tell Saint Pete I can't come in
Without my love and my best friend
Oh, this ain't nothin' new
Sweetheart, I'll wait for you
P.S. I love you, too
Sweetheart, I'll wait for you

I'll have to go listen to it now.  8-)  Here is a link to a video of the song. I'll Wait For You

Hope everyone is having a great day!  
 

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Babe, A beautiful song that reminds me of Collin Raye's "If you Get there Before I do" which also always makes me cry. Have you heard it? I am sure it is performed on YouTube as well. Too bad about the rugs, but I can understand how they were good to last for three years being washed as often as I am sure they were. That is so sweet of Tom and so like him. Love to you both, forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)