Thursday, January 6, 2011

Aloe Madness!!

My sister sent me a text message the other day and told me she had sent the Aloe Plant.  I said, "Cool...what do I owe you for it?"   She says, "Just keep it alive."  I told her she was mean...that was the hard part.

I got the plant today.  When I got it, I wasn't sure which end was supposed to be up...it looked like this when I took it out of the box.


That didn't look right, so I tried walked around to the other side and took a good look. 


Hmmm, I guessed it was time to take the scissors and try cutting some of the tape off...


AHA!  I found the bottom of the plant...now to open up the plant itself...


It had broken ends from the shipment but I gave it a haircut (trimmed off the broken pieces) and WALA:


YEAH, CAROL!  That's a lot of Aloe...I have a fat cat and a fat aloe plant now.  8-)

I saw the doctor early this morning and the radiologist says the lump in the right breast is a fibroadenoma instead of a fluid filled cyst.  He says it is still nothing to worry about.  He did say I could have it removed if it grew too much or if it was bothering me.  I said I'd keep that in mind in the future....(yeah, that's gonna happen...lol)

Hope everyone is having a great day! 

4 comments:

  1. Hey, Babe! Hooray! that was all good news and I am so glad for you both. (and the boobs too). Glad the aloe got there okay. Carol did well, didn't she? I sent you an IM while ago. :)
    Lovcen's you'ns foreveer. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plant alreaady looks healthier in your care than in mine! Leaves were dehydrating right before my eyes...had to get it to you quick! Thanks, Denise, for that wonderful plant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teresa,

    i can send you some baby aloe plants if you wish to cultivate (or kill) more than the one Carol sent. i thought becuz you were allergic that using the gel was not an option for you. Lemme know how this big boy does, and if you need more, holler. they profliferate like rabbits in a big clay pot outside my patio.

    keep truckin' Mama....a

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Andrea!

    I think this huge one that Carol sent should be enough. We discussed the allergies and they are minor compared to the 'sunburn' that radiation leaves. Also, it may be that after chemo, I am not as allergic to everything. I truly appreciate the offer and will let you know if I need more. 8-)

    Love you guys bunches...give David a big hug for me.

    -T

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)