Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Mundane Ramblings...

We are back to normal today.  The holidays are over.  Sigh.  

Shadow has parked herself (in her usual spot) on my desk between my work computer and my personal computer.  This time she is facing me.  She has been keeping an eye on me for the last 24 hours.  (I just tested this theory and if I move in my chair, she opens an eye...HA!)  

After Tom left for work yesterday and she couldn't find me (because the bedroom door was shut and I was still sleeping) she went into anxiety mode and threw up on the washing machine.  (Which really beats her throwing up on the living room rug or Tom's seat on the leather couch...that one is always a fun surprise...he never sees it before he sits down...lol.)  Once she saw me up, she was ok but wouldn't let me out of her sight all day.  If I moved rooms, she moved rooms.  Poor thing...she's gonna go crazy when I have to physically go back to work in February.

The good thing about the new year is that everyone at work is still trying to figure out where they were at the end of last year so I'm not getting inundated with help calls yet. 

I am actually out of bed today which is pretty much a first since my last chemo treatment. (Except for the day that Tom and I cleaned house and I really wasn't out of bed that long on that day.)  It's only eight in the morning and I'm already exhausted.  My dad, not long before he died, would look longingly at his bed when they had him out of it in the nursing home.  I can SOOOO relate to that right now.  I would love to just go back there and crawl back into it.  

There has always been something odd about our master bathroom.  It is always 20 degrees colder back there than the rest of the house.  Doesn't matter if it is winter or summer, it is cold.  (I could understand it better if it were only cold in the winter and hot in the summer but it is cold all the time.)  It's so cold that I put a thermometer back there to see if I was imagining it or if it was real.  Most of the time it registers about 53 degrees in that room (versus 72 in the rest of the house).  Both of the AC/heat vents in the room are wide open and Tom has checked the duct work to make sure it is all connected.  Without rugs back there (yeah, I'm still whining about the rugs) the little tootsies really freeze in the middle of the night when nature calls.  Can't wait for the weekend to get those rugs procured.  8-) 

OK, I haven't put any Max in for a few days...here is a good nugget to hold on to if you're ever feeling God isn't listening to you.

"God Listens

By Max Lucado

“I call to you in times of trouble, because you will answer me.”  Psalm 86:7

You can talk to God because God listens.

Your voice matters in heaven. He takes you very seriously. When you enter His presence, the attendants turn to you to hear your voice. No need to fear that you will be ignored.

Even if you stammer or stumble, even if what you have to say impresses no one, it impresses God, and he listens" 

The beauty of Max is the way he states the obvious so simply that you go..."I knew that but it is SO reassuring to hear it."  It's like your Father's love.  You know He loves you but you still like (and need) to hear Him say it.

By Grace Alone -

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Babe...What you said about Dub brought that memory back to me, and it is very true, that sometimes the bed beckons to me, when I walk in to my bedroom. That is one reason I make it when I get up. If I am tempted to go back to bed, I just pass it by. I remember how he always wanted to be back in bed in the last few months of his life. I am glad you have the bed there to crawl into. I know you really need it. It can be a life saver. I am amazed that you are able to do what you do. I read today in a prevention magazine that we need sleep more than we get it.

    Thanks for the words from Max Lucado, they are always refreshing to me, and I'm sure to others who read your posts. Keep on truckin', babe. Love'n you'ns forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You get 72 degrees in the rest of your house? Daryl would be so happy if I let him have 72 degrees! :-) He can't get me to raise the temps until he has icicles on his nose.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Babe, another "couples" songs I love is Kathy Mattea's song "Where've You Been?" Check it out. Love you , mom

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)