Saturday, January 1, 2011

Brand New Year

Well, here we are.  8-)  Brand New Year and a brand new attitude.  Ok, maybe the same attitude but a new year anyway...lol.

Tom has been working on making me a happy woman today.  He has gotten energetic and cleaned the house.  I piddled with little stuff that I felt like I could do like dusting the living room and cleaning kitchen counters and he tackled all the stuff that hits the body so hard like cleaning the floors and bathrooms.  Yeah, three bathrooms seemed like a good idea when we bought the house...not so much now...8-)

One thing I did today, since he was helping me with the house, was to clean some knick knack items that only get really deep cleaned about once every six months.  (I'm embarrassed to say it isn't more often than that for the deep cleaning but ah well...we do what we can, when we can.)  Anyway, there are three pieces of crystal items that are cool geometric shapes (circles that hold fluid inside of altered rectangles) that Tom got me for an anniversary years ago.  (No...I don't remember which one...sorry)  They are supposed to have oil in them and they have wicks that you can burn.  Well..I never used them for burning and got rid of the oil years ago because it was messy.  My alternative to that was to fill them with colored water.  They used to be an evergreen color but I dumped that today and cleaned them out good and then realized I didn't have any food coloring left to color the water with.  Sigh.  (That never would have happened during the Play-doh making years.)  Now I had to decide what I was going to do with them because they are a boring crystal 'clear' without color (as you can imagine).  Must have color!

I looked under the sink and BOY AM I CONSISTENT...I found some apple cinnnamon red colored liquid potpourri under the sink that I had never used.  It went perfectly with the burgandy colors in the living room so I filled them with that.  I am always attracted to the 'burgandies' and I must have bought this stuff years ago and never used it.  I am such an impulse shopper...I probably saw it in the store and thought of the crystal thingies but, when it came time to clean them, then I didn't remember it.  Yeah...that sounds like me.  Here is a picture of the finished product. No, it's not a blurry picture, there are two sides of glass on either side of the circle area that holds the fluid. 


Not much else going on around here now that we're totally beat after cleaning house.  (Even Shadow is laying here exhausted from being chased out of rooms by the vacuum cleaner.  HA!)  We have a 'Shrek' movie to watch and will probably order pizza tonight for supper since we haven't gotten any groceries yet.  There is always tomorrow for that.  8-)

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Babe...sounds like a good start to a New Year. As you know, I have done nothing today. One of my favorite things to do sometimes. The crystal thingys look good, all clean and filled with colored fluid. Love youn's forever.
    P.S. Got to talk to the great grands on Skype today (as you have probably seen from my blog. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way Cute! Happy New Year...enjoy Shrek...is is one, two, or three?

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)