Saturday, January 8, 2011

Multiple Ramblings...

We made the trip out to Bed, Bath and Beyond!  Yeah!

It wasn't easy, but I found some rugs and towels to match.  The funniest thing is that the ones that I picked online in the 'sand' color were exactly the ones I ended up buying.  I just didn't feel comfortable buying them online, site unseen.  Tom very patiently followed me back and forth between the rugs and the towels...8-)  It would have been nice if they had set the store up with all the towels that matched a certain color rug right beside them...but nooooo...they had to have them across the store.  I certainly got enough exercise today and am quite exhausted now.

Here are some pics of the new rugs and towels.  We have a really long master bath so it is hard to take pictures of everything at once.  Well, you'll get the idea, anyway.





I'm such a 'neutral' color girl.  My mother will find these colors boring but it is who I am...lol.  I'm pretty simple and love to stay in the background.  8-)

So, we were standing in the store trying to decide what type of a toilet seat lid we had...was it oblong or round.  Neither one of us could remember.  How bad is that?  We brought home the round one and Tom gallantly took it back and exchanged it after we got home and saw what kind it really was.  The other bad thing was that I had taken down measurements the other day of the areas that needed rugs.  The only thing I could remember was that the area in front of the two sinks was 72" and the area in front of the shower was either 40" or 44".  So we got a 60" rug for in front of the sinks and took a chance on a 44" rug for the shower area and got lucky because the shower area was exactly 44".  (whew)

While my white and red blood counts were really down on Thursday when I went to the doctor, but I can tell that they are indeed coming up because I was able to walk all over that store without feeling like I was going to pass out or anything.  I guess we will be ready for the next (and LAST) chemo treatment on Thursday.

My sister sent me a really cool encouragement card that I got today.  It had Snoopy dancing on the front of the card and it said on the front "Know What THIS is?"  and you open it says "It's the DANCE I'm going to do when you are all BETTER."   We got the mail on the way out to the store this morning and had a good laugh over it.  Yeah, Carol, I can already imagine you doing your Happy Dance.  8-)  I'll be doing it right there with you.

I asked the doctor on Thursday if my reactions to finding lumps was normal or was I turning into this 'paranoid woman'?  He assured me that not only was it normal but from now on it is my job to tell him about every single little lump that I find so we can both be assured that there is no more cancer.  He made me feel much less paranoid.  8-)

One of my bosses sent me an email on Friday and told me about a lady at work (whom I actually know to some degree from working with her) that has just been diagnosed with Breast Cancer and wanted me to talk to her to reassure her.  So, I  was struck with really mixed feelings.  Sorrow for the lady to have to go through this and excitement that maybe I could give her some insight that will reduce her fears.  My Sister-in-Law, Sharyn, has also told me of someone that she'd like to give my name to chat with to help through her trials with Breast Cancer.  God really does open the doors for us to minister, doesn't he?  I really hope I can help them both to go through this with less trepidation.  Sometimes, being armed with knowledge helps us with the struggles.  I know that, as I learned more about what I was going through, I felt tremendously better. 

Hope everyone is having a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, Babe...Carol is so thoughtful and does such sweet things that I always think,"Wow! Why didn't I think of doing that?" Well,anyway, you are always in my thoughts and prayers. Your house always looks so classy, and I come away thinking how much I wish mine looked the same way. Somehow, it would take a lot of effort that I just don't have. I am so glad that you are going to be able to help others who are going to be going through those trials with cancer. Loven' you'ns forever. Mom I'll be dancin' too, you better believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Don't let Mom kid you...her house is very cute, clean, neat, and nicely decorated. she just has a different style. She also beat us at Dominoes tonight....again!) I like your minimalist look, too. Next task around here is the "get-rid-of-it" stage. I'm going to enjoy it!

    Glad you liked the card...I found it not long after your Lucado post that mentioned dancing. :-)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not usually a neutral person, but I do LOVE your rugs and towels! They go GREAT with your bathroom! May I add, that I'll be dancin' too! You're SO AWESOME, Teresa!! Love and Prayers, Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad to see that you are doing well considering everything, and to the fact that God has opened doors to minister to others who suffer with what you have as well, sometimes He will take those lemons that life has handed us and make the sweetest lemonade for all to enjoy. love ya cuz.

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)