Saturday, September 25, 2010

Overcoming Shyness

I am actually a very shy person.  I work hard to overcome it but it is what it is.  It is very painful for me to talk to people...I remember when we used to go to family reunions when I was a child, I would always have a stomach ache because I didn't want to have to talk to people.

I have never really been a 'sharer' of rough times in my life (probably much to the frustration of many people) and this blog has been good for binding some better ties with my family.  When I am writing it I go into the mode of "Dance like no one is watching" in order to be as open and honest as I can for them.  I know they care and want to know but putting emotions out on a blog is like handing someone your heart and hoping they aren't laughing at what is going on inside of you (Or thinking of committing you to the loony bin...lol)  I didn't expect anyone to read it when I started the blog.  It was just an avenue for talking about all the things that were bottled up inside of me that were wiping me out mentally.  Don't get me wrong.  It is exciting to me that anyone would find anything I had to say 'interesting' enough to read. My family has been very kind with their responses and I appreciate that more than they know.  Their encouragement keeps me writing.  8-)

Even at work, I am not one to go to someone's desk and just chat with them.  They flock into my office all day long looking for conversation which I try to provide...lol...but I keep pretty much to myself there also and just get my work done.  I don't like to stay late at work so the best thing to do there is just do the work so I can leave on time.

Well, nothing profound to say today...I am headed into the crash and this probably seems a little more maudlin than usual because of this.  But even crashing, I am ever so thankful for family and friends that are praying and getting me through this silliness.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday!  I am seriously considering going to Coldwater Creek today to take advantage of their 35% off sale.  8-)

4 comments:

  1. Hey, Babe! We (your family and friends) appreciate the effort you are making to "let us in" and love the fact that you are doing so. Thank you so very much! It is raining here today and looks like it will be raining all day and maybe even tonight. Really great for the grass and knowing I don't have to turn on the sprinklers to water it. A good morning to read or sew. Love you forever...Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you how much it means for you to dance like no one is watching for us! I'm constantly amazed at the similarities in our personas (except I'm not as shy) and habits. I'm enjoying the open window. Sometimes, I think I should just quietly read so that you won't quit talking...and then I tell myself that we all need affirmation when we expose ourselves, and I go ahead and say hello.

    Shop on, Sis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, did I shop. I got two pairs of slacks, a sweater, leggings, a t-shirt, and topped it off with a new leather jacket. They gave me 20 dollars off on all pants plus an additional thirty five percent off. 35% off of everything else. I had to wait in line for a dressing room but it was so worth it. Then I came home and slept.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo-hoo! You go, girl!
    ps...I never laugh at you (only with when we laugh together),and we already know we're both looney! :-)

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)