Thursday, September 23, 2010

Crowning Glory?

They say that a woman's hair is her crowning glory.

Whatever.

Yesterday I had had all I could take of finding my hair everywhere.  I mean...good grief...I looked down in my salad during lunch and there were hairs in it.  (so much for lunch)  That was the final straw (or hair if you will).  I sent Tom an email and asked him if he would do the honors of shaving it off when he got home.  As always, he was right there with me in agreement. 

So...when he got home, after he completed his Farmville duties, (lol) we proceeded to use the electric clippers to get it really short (that is the Royal WE...meaning him...I use that form quite often when I am referring to work he needs to do.  i.e. WE need to start the laundry, etc.)  and then he used his electric razor to shave it completely off.  All I had to do was sit there and cry as he did it.  LOL

If you are ever wondering what color your skin really is....shave your hair off.  My skin is REALLY white.  I haven't been out in the sun all summer but my face has a pretty brown complexion compared to the top of my head.  And I can see that hairline so nicely...HA.

Thanks to my mom putting me to sleep on my stomach as a baby, I have a perfectly round head also.  I never knew a head could be so round.  WOW. 

So, yeah, it was kind of shocking the first time I looked in the mirror but I feel released from hair care right now.  I have naturally curly  hair and, until I cut it short a few weeks ago, it has always been a lot of work to take care of.  30-45 minutes of care every morning.  Now I get in the shower, wash myself, dry myself, slather on some lotion, and I'm done.  10 minutes max...Cool huh? 

I got some cute cotton caps with braided bands to put around them that I like way better than the wigs.  The caps are in solid colors to match my clothes and the bands are two tone colors (to also match the cap and my clothes).  For example, if I wear my black leggings with the white no iron shirt and the gray riding jacket then I wear the black cap with the black and white braided band.  Anyway, you get the idea...I think I can pull it off. 

Of course, I haven't left the house yet...we'll see how I feel about it tomorrow when I actually step outside of the house.  I'm doing a test run to the mailbox today.  (big grin)

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Babe! You'll always look cute in my book! And you're welcome for the round head...hey you can be the little round-headed kid on the block. :)
    Love your bravery...Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doo-Rags...way cute! My friends say they're much cooler (temp wise, as well as cute) than wigs.

    You can do this, Sis! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little Engine that could here...HA!

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)