Friday, September 24, 2010

Tetelestai

Tetelestai!  As Christ said in John 19:30.  Translates to "It is finished". 

Of course then "...he bowed his head and gave up his spirit." (John 19:30b)  I'm not quite ready to do that.  8-)  He was talking about the debt for our sins being paid in full.  I'm talking about something completely different.  lol  I heard "Tetelestai" (greek) in a sermon many many years ago and it stuck with me all these years for some reason.  When I accomplish something memorable, that word always pops in my head.

Taxotere chemo treatment two is complete and, other than being a little tired from the Benadryl, it isn't nearly as bad as it was the last time.  The Bendryl took care of my allergic reaction.  (BIG YEAH for my cancer team!!)  Tom and I went out and got lunch and then made a Walmart run.  I believe with all my heart that all your prayers are making a difference and I can't tell you how thankful I am for your continual uplifting to God of my trials and tribulations.

My blood work was stellar according to the doctor and we both agree that the human body's ability to heal is an amazing thing.  We talked about the bone pain and he said he understood that the bone pain from the Neulasta can be debilitating and that I did not have to do the Neulasta this time and we'd see if my white blood cells would stay high enough to not need it until we get to the AC chemo.  He said I would have no choice then.  I was mentally making row boat movements with my arms and jumping up and down inside (while externally nodding my head and smiling sweetly) because that really was the worst part of the whole treatment last time (other than the crying jags...lol).  He again talked about how difficult the AC Chemo will be.  Then the nurse that was giving me my chemo treatment says, "I don't want to scare you but the AC Chemo that you will be getting will be much worse than this Taxotere."  Bless their hearts, they are all trying to get me mentally prepared for it.  I probably will not be prepared for it until I've experienced it at least once.  I'm kinda like that...I mean...I hear them but I probably don't really get it yet.  I mean, how much worse could it get?

I got lots of compliments on my do rags that I bravely wore out into the 'real' world today and I am looking through the book from TLC again to see what else I can buy from them to cover my pitiful pate.  8-)  My confidence in meeting the outside world with my hairlessness has soared today and I feel much more comfortable about it all.  (Hmm....my dictionary doesn't recognize 'hairlessness' as a word but I don't care...I am now declaring it a word!)  I still need to find something in red to go with a red shirt that I have and love to wear.  I found a sleep cap with an angel on it (too cute to pass up) to keep my widdle head warm at night and a soft ivory beret with a bow on it.  Tom likes the beret look and I think I will to.  Since I basically have a wardrobe of black, white, red, wine, gray, blue, and ivory that should cover anything I want to wear.  I may just find a hat to match my jeans that I wear with my red shirt instead of finding something red.  No need to BLARE red on top of my head now, is there?

Tom is in the living room taking a nap. (I think today wore him out more than it did me, bless his heart.)  I got lots of steroids today so I know I'll be pinging through tomorrow and then I'll go into crash mode.  That's when the emotions run rampant.  It's ok...now that I know what to expect, I believe that God and I can handle it. 

Happy Friday, Everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Babe! Great post! Nothing I can add to it today. you're doing a great job, both with the postings and also handling the new experiences. God is good, all the time! Love you, Mom. REally like the funny cat picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog, knowing what is going on. Thanks for posting...SO grateful this one was not as hard. Know that mine are some of the prayers lifting you up daily! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)