Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Random Musing

I really wish everything would just slow down.  This age that we live in is so fast paced.  I literally have three computers that I do things on.  My work computer, my personal laptop, and my IPAD.  Sometimes there are four if I am helping my husband with his Farmville game.  8-)

Sometimes I think that if I could just throw a couple of them in the trash that my life would be so much better (I'm sure my husband had a heart attack at that statement) but then I think...what would I do with my time?  I play all kinds of games on my laptop and IPAD and of course now there is this BLOG that I feel compelled to write in on a daily basis.  I am convinced that it may actually be my sanity during this time in my life.

I don't know how to slow down.  My body stops but my mind still goes 90 to nothing.  (And who invented that silly phrase?  90 to nothing...hmmm...mind buzzing off in yet another direction.)  Even if I sit here and try to do nothing I find my hand going through my hair and I look to see how many hairs I come away with just for brushing it through.  Amazing amount of hair coming out.  How can anyone lose this much hair and not already be completely bald?

It all boils down to the fact that I can't stand to be bored.  I remember boredom as a child.  I remember I was so excited to go to school and DO things.  I loved vacation bible school because we DID things.  (We also got cookies and koolaid...BIG plus.)  I loved going swimming in the summer because it was something to DO.

I feel like I'm supposed to be in this big hurry to get somewhere and each day flies by and I feel like I'm left behind somewhere else.  Maybe it isn't so much that I can't slow down, it is that I'm being forced to and nothing else has slowed down with me.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Babe! Say, your post today reminded me of the song "Feeling Groovy". Do you remember the lyrics to that one? Something about slow down you're moving too fast..time to make the moments last now, swinging down the cobblestones...da da da something something, feeling groovy..
    Anyway, sometimes it is good to just kick back and do what you are doing with the blog....reflecting...Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA...that is the perfect song for my blog thoughts today. If I had thought of it, I would have put that song as the background music. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my personal favorite songs of all times! (Humming song the rest of the evening in my head...)

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)