Sunday, December 19, 2010

Today is a Good Day

Today is a good day.  (Yes, Tom...it is...ref blog called "Is Today a Good Day?" http://tnt-teresa.blogspot.com/2010/09/is-it-good-day-today.html)

I woke up today feeling alive in spirit and body.  These days are so rare and wonderful.  It's like the clouds are hanging over me and all of a sudden the sun peeps out from between the clouds and shines exclusively on the little piece of land where I live.  God is so AMAZING to me.

Sometimes, it is good to have been knocked down and taken out so that I can appreciate the beauty that is all around me.  8-)  I would not wish cancer on anyone, but it is definitely life changing to one's attitude about life.

My sister turned me on to her church's live sermon (which is very cool...thanks, sis).  Being home bound doesn't allow me to get out and go to church so this was good news.  The website for anyone interested is http://www.countrysidebible.org/live/ and they not only have live sermons but they have past sermons.  I didn't figure it all out until after I had listened to the 12/12/10 sermon on the helmet of salvation.  GREAT sermon that talked about the way Satan attacks our 'mental health' and makes us think we could lose our salvation but if we put on the helmet of salvation that God has provided for us that we will be protected.  I have had several times in my life where I have doubted my salvation (and was even baptized twice, once when I was about 5 and then again in 1991.)  I have also had many crisis of faith during the years when I have been tempted to do some very wrong things.  God has forgiven me through the salvation that Christ provided for us but I can tell you that those were some hard times for me and probably those that loved me as well.  I can be a very strong willed person and God has had his hands full with me over the years.  (sheepish grin)  I am sure I was given the helmet of salvation but didn't put it on all the time as I should have.  We need that helmet to protect us against the temptations and trials that Satan puts us through.  I am so thankful that he is a patient and loving God.  Anyway...great sermon for anyone interested.  Their pastor is a great speaker/teacher.

I need to go make a grocery list now for Tom to take and fill.  8-)  Hope everyone is having a great day!!

By Grace Alone...

2 comments:

  1. I'm Sooooo glad you enjoyed Countryside Online! It's been a great thing to be able to keep up with sermons when we're home sick. Tom Pennington is an awesome pastor, with both the gifts of teaching and shepherding. That was a great sermon to "accidentally" land on! Ephesians has been a great series!

    Glad it's been a good day! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Babe! I am so glad that yesterday was a good day for you. We really need them, don't we? They are like nuggets of gold among the black stones of despair. I am happy that you enjoyed the sermon by Tom Pennington. I have been enjoying hearing him as well. With you listening to him and us there, it feels like we are all in church together, doesn't it? I have really been learning a lot about the passage from Ephesians, because he has been teaching about it for at least the last 3 or 4 months.
    Hope today is a good one for you, too, and that your shingles are going away. Love you'n's forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)