Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!!!

We had a wonderful surprise gift from God this morning for Christmas.  He gave us a white Christmas.  How cool is that?  When I got up at 6:30, I could tell something was different because the sun was not shining into the bedroom.  I peeked out the window and saw that there were big flakes of snow falling and the ground was covered in white.

This is what it looked like out back at 6:30 from different views of the yard:


This is our neighbor Tom's house.


There is a light dusting of snow on the Thuya trees ...(trees growing to the left of the shed.


You can see it's not sticking to the street at 6:30 this morning.


About an hour later, I am running around capturing pictures again to show how much MORE it snowed than it had when we first got up.  8-) 



You can see here that it is starting to really stick to the street:



The bushes are laden with snow.  (I always wanted to use 'laden' in a sentence..lol)


I love the photo below...I'm going to see about turning it into a real picture for my wall.  I love the way it looks like a black and white photo except for the brown from the gazebo.  The snow is falling in big flakes and so pretty. 



Look now at the snow laying down those branches of our little Thuya trees.


Right now (about 2 hours later) we are at about 2 inches of snow.

We had a really nice Christmas this morning (on top of all the excitement with the snow...we've never seen it 'really' snow here in the three years we've lived here).  My Mom gave me this beautiful yellow crystal paper weight.  (Looks like the hope diamond only in a topaz color.)  Very beautiful!  Thanks, Mom.  My sister and her husband gave me a beautiful red scarf.  Thanks, Carol and Daryl!  Carol sent me a little special gift that is our 'we all have one like that' gift of a snowflake necklace and snowflake earring.  Thanks, Carol!  Tom got me the two pieces of DVD furniture, a beautiful Necklace and Earring set in black and white diamonds to go with my black and white outfit.  8-)  Thanks, Tom!  My sister-in-law, Sharyn sent me an angel datebook that is adorable and will actually be very useful because I can write appointments in it and carry it in my purse.  Thanks, Sharyn! 

I have the turkey cooking away in the oven and the rest of the day is ours to play with.  Here is hoping everyone is having a wonderful Christmas day filled with the love of family and friends.  8-)

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to all of you!! Your pictures are beautiful! I love the one of the gazebo, also!
    You're very welcome for the angel datebook.
    We had our Christmas family day all day yesterday and evening, so today is just Sherman and Sharyn day.
    We had about 4 inches of previous snow still on the ground, then got about another 3 quarters of an inch this morning to make everything beautiful!
    Hope everyone has a Blessed Christmas!
    Love and Prayers, Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. we have snow here in Cleveland,Tenn also.Everyone was so excited,cause it had been so many years since we had a white Christmas.Glad you had a good Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Babe. Waiting for C & D to pick me up for church. Loved the pictures, made me feel like I was right there, too! Glad you had a really good day, and thank you for the gifts! I have to figure out how to use the "cash", and loved the camel box, especially the personal note inside, and the chick fil a gift card. The cd I will put in my car and listen to. Thanks for the sweet note, again. It really moved me to tears, sweet tears of memories.
    I agree that snapshot would make a beautiful wall picture. Love to you both. Loven' youns forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Loved the snowy day pics!
    We'll be praying for strength and endurance for the week!

    Love you!
    ~Carol

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)