Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Ready For Christmas

We (Tom and I) are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ready for the holidays to get here.  Starting Friday we will be off of work for eleven days.  YEAH!!!  Five of those starting on Monday will be heavy duty Chemo days but at least I don't have to take sick time for those days.  That leaves me six days of feeling 'acceptable'.  

I am finally past the nausea for this chemo round.  HURRAH!!! Another milestone behind us.  

One of my Christmas presents from Tom got here this week.  Since we don't do cable, we tend to buy movies and series to watch.  After many years of this, we have quite a collection.  In the exercise room, we have walls of movies in bookcases and in one piece of furniture specifically made to hold DVDs.  Since I like that furniture so much (It turned out to be very well made and out of real wood as opposed to pressed board like this type of furniture usually is) I asked for more of it to replace the two bookcases in that room.  Plus a single unit for growth.  The one we currently have has three units in one.  The ones I asked for are a two unit and a one unit to fit the open wall that is remaining.   (See visual below for the three units in one and a cat in the lower left hand corner that wanted in the picture. She tried to blend in unobtrusively, but I SEE YOU SHADOW!!)


Below are the cruddy bookcases that don't even match that will be replaced with the matching two unit piece and then there is room on the other side of the window for the one unit piece that matches.  You can also see our two treadmills that are currently getting no use because of my lack of energy.  We will get back into that when this is all over.  8-)  (Yes, Tom...you too, dear.)



Anyway, kind of excited about the new furniture for Christmas.  (Thanks, Tom!!) 

Last year when we went on our train trip to North Dakota to see BJ for Christmas, I got Tom hooked on Starbucks coffee.  Since then, he has become a regular customer for 'my' Starbucks store that I used to stop at every day.  I used to think I was special because they all knew me and came over to chat when I drove up.  I haven't really been there since September when the chemo started and he has taken over my 'special' status.  Especially since they found out that we are a pair.  (We drove through together once on the way to chemo and they got the connection.)  Amber (one of the girls that works there) sent home presents of VIA coffee to he and I yesterday.  (She sent me the caramel flavored and him the extra bold coffee)  I told him she was his girlfriend now that he has my 'special' status.  I told him I didn't feel 'special' anymore because now I know they treat all regular customers that way.  HA!!

Here is another excerpt from Max for you to enjoy.  He has a great perspective on the night Christ was born.

"No Ordinary Night

By Max Lucado

I came to give life—-life in all its fullness.

An ordinary night with ordinary sheep and ordinary shepherds.  And were it not for a God who loves to hook an “extra” on the front of ordinary, the night would have gone unnoticed.  The sheep would have been forgotten, and the shepherds would have slept the night away.

But God dances amidst the common.  And that night he did a waltz… The night was ordinary no more." 

I love Max's visual of God dancing.  The "I came to give life----life in all its fullness" is a loose excerpt from John 10:10 even though he doesn't reference it.  I am ever so thankful that he gave us such an extraordinary night out of the ordinary when Christ was born.

By Grace Alone...

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Babe! I was just about to leave for Lowe's when I thought, "I'll just check once more to see if she has posted today." I'm glad I did. Great post, and gave me more to think about. The new cases look really good, and having been there, I can really appreciate how they look in your house. Love you, and so happy you both have eleven days off. Yay! and whoo-hoo! Love you'n's forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that phrase..."God dances among the common." When I'm really happy, I want to twirl. Sometimes, I do, if I'm all alone. Sometimes, I do, if I'm outside and think noone can see me! Sometimes, I twirl when Daryl is around, but I'm usually too self-conscious. And, it's usually everyday things that make me twirl...when the happy just has to burst out because an everyday day is wonderful. Love the phrase!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way...the cabinets are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Teresa, I'm going to try again to leave a comment and see if it works. Google says everything's set up. We'll see. This is just a test to see if Google works for me this time. Love and Prayers, Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. HURRAY!!! IT WORKED!!! FINALLY!!! I'm sorry. I'm not that computer literate and when things work out, finally, after trying for about 5 days, I get excited! Now, Teresa, I can tell you that I think you are totally an AWESOME lady. I LOVE your new cases and I also love Shadow. Love and Prayers, Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Sharyn! I am so glad you are connected now! I get excited over stuff like that too...8-) Yeah, Shadow is a sweetheart even if she is ONE FAT CAT. She has been a good companion through all of this.

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)