Saturday, December 18, 2010

Two Days of Random Musings

Hot, cold, hot, cold...no wait...I already talked about that...HA.

I figured out my neck pain a couple of days ago.  (No, it's not Tom)  Another exciting thing brought on by low immune system and stress to the body...shingles.  They gave me an antibiotic and I am feeling a bit better than I was.  Other than the pain, I knew something was wrong when I found blood all over my pillow where I had scratched them in my sleep.  Apparently, I am a pretty aggressive scratcher...LOL.

Today I am working on the last of the laundry and cleaning the house.  I'll leave the master bath shower for Tom because it is too hard on my neck to scrub the shower.  We were going to do it all together but I really don't want him working all weekend cleaning the house.  He really needs a break after the care taking he has had to do during the last 8 days.  I don't want to 'use him all up'.  8-)

(Side Note)  All of the above diatribe reflect yesterday's thoughts and am now finally getting back to it.  I started it during a break in cleaning but by the time I finished cleaning I was too exhausted to finish it.  I am learning to do what I can and not worry about what I can't during one single day.  I sure hope this attitude lasts past the chemo recovery.  8-)

We got the nicest Christmas card from my sister-in-law Sharyn this morning.  She said she reads my blog and she is glad that I am her sister-in-law...what a NICE present.  I'm glad she is mine too and I had no idea she was reading my blog. (HI Sharyn)  It's funny how encouraging it is to know that people could possibly be interested in this silly blog.  Tom's sister has the sweetest heart.  I guess his mother did a great job with the whole family.  Tom has three sisters actually.  Probably part of the reason he can put up with me.  8-)

I am having a bit of a weepy day today.  I probably didn't get enough sleep.  I was awake by 3:30 this morning so I'm going to blame it on that.  The taxotere chemo was much worse on the emotions so I really shouldn't complain about it.  Poor Tom though, he had just gotten out of bed and I came in the kitchen pouring tears all over him.  (For absolutely no reason at all)  He hugged me and said all the right things to pull my emotions back in check.  (I require much comforting and reassurance right now.  I am so glad he knows me so well!)

My mom and sister both chatted with me this week (which was awesome).  They are a great support system.  They both have a great sense of humor which keeps me laughing and improves my spirit.  (yeah, yeah...it's all about me...lol)  I have heard my sister doesn't think she has a sense of humor.  Not so, dear sister!  You make me laugh a lot.  8-)  I get to live vicariously through them also.  They both have such active lives.  My mom just had a friend visit that she has known for a gazillion years.  She stayed for a week and they did all kinds of things.  My sister had them over one night and then another night she and Mom went to a 'tea' which sounded like a lot of fun.

Hope everyone is having a great day!  It is about time for me to get moving around here and get some stuff done.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Babe, So glad to hear I helped make your day more pleasant for you. I really cherish the chats we have, too. I feel weepy some days, and it really helps me to feel better when I can spend some quality time with you and know you are out there for me (all about me, too. ha). I have been sneezing today and my eyes are all itchy (must be allergies). Ben and Matt picked up my new hutch today and I will eventually take pictures and post them of the various rooms here in my house. Sorry about the shingles. I know they must be awful. Carol has gone to a young friend's wedding this afternoon. Much love to you, and hope your afternoon has been better than the morning. Love you'n's forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love talking to you...glad the chemo is edging off for this round. Sorry about the shingles...hopefully the meds hit in time to reduce the intensity.

    The wedding was nice...a bunch of Em's high school church friends were bridesmaids. Sweet girls. Then we went to a party for a friend who graduated from college...after starting college 33 years ago! I was really proud of her! She had all her kids in college while she was also going to school! She reminded me of you finishing up college. Yay for tenacity!

    Hey, if you ever want to "attend" the same service Mom and we do, log on at www.countrysidebible.org, and click on the Live Feed. We broadcast live now. Starts at 9 am and at 10:45 am.

    Love you!
    ~Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey...thanks for the tip. I'm listening to the 'Helmet of Salvation' sermon from there now. Is that today's? Either way, it's a good one. Your pastor is a good speaker/teacher. 8-)

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)