Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Geek Speak and A Trip Out

So...a little geek speak coming.  (Feel free to tune out this portion of the blog if you don't like geek speak.)

We have wireless internet at home and, as I said in another blog, we just upgraded our router and modem (all one piece of equipment...Netgear RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N Router with DSL Modem.) a few weeks ago.  (ref para 6 of blog titled, "Moods, Moods, and More Moods"  found at http://tnt-teresa.blogspot.com/2010/12/moods-moods-and-more-moods.html)

In order to utilize the Wireless-N (which is an upgrade from Wireless G/B protocols) we needed to purchase another item for each computer.  A Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter.  So we got one for each computer. Wireless G only got us 54 Mbps (this is the speed of the connection).  Wireless N gets us 300 Mbps.  I couldn't believe it.  Our hard line only gets us 100 Mbps.  But...I was noticing how quick it was so I went to check the status and saw the following:


I am like, "Tom, Tom....I don't know what your speeds are like but LOOK here."  He just gives that little sideways smirky grin of his and said "I wondered if you would notice."   Merry Christmas to me...HA!  (Oh, and him too...lol)  Then he proceeds to tell me how he changed the settings on the router.  Yeah, HIM!  We've always been a good computer team...he is Mr. Hardware and I am Miss Software.  Of course he is good with software too...ALL RIGHT...he is Mr. Computer and I'm really his sidekick but he lets me play too which is very important.  8-)

Subject change for those that want to tune back in...

I got to play in the grocery store on Sunday before all the people got there.   We decided after listening to the sermon online to quickly get ready and head over to the grocery store.  I desperately needed to get out of the house (Since I had been holed up for 10 days).  I had a grand time picking out fruits, vegetables and meats.  Found a really good rib roast that I am cooking today and also found a nice turkey for Thanksgiving.  I thought I would crock pot the Turkey but it is a bit (sarcastic voice) big for the crock pot so I am actually going to have to cook it in the oven.  It is currently thawing in the fridge and has been since Sunday.  Hopefully, it will be thawed by Saturday.  

Anyway, I'm dancing all over the grocery store like a little girl in a candy store and then we are done and I get in the car and WHAM...totally wiped.  We were only in there for an hour.  I didn't recover until Monday morning after a good night's rest.  I can see this stuff is gonna slow me down a bit for a while.  I wonder how I will do teaching my eight hour classes when I get back to active work.  Those classes were exhausting prior to chemo...can only imagine what it will be like now.  AH, but those are future worries...can't worry about it today.  8-)

Here is our Max Lucado fix for today: 

"Have Faith
If your faith is as big as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, “Move from here to there,” and it will move.  Matthew 17:20 

Don’t measure the size of the mountain; talk to the One who can move it.  Instead of carrying the world on your shoulders, talk to the One who holds the universe on his.

Hope is a look away."

By Grace Alone ...

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Babe!Great post. Max always moves me to tears. He is so spot on, isn't he?
    I'm happy you were able to get out and dance around the store, having fun choosing food. Remember when it was a chore, instead of a pleasure - Circumstances quite often change the perspective, don't they? I have found that to be so true. Love you'ns forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...that IS fast! Good boy, Tom! You DO get one past her occasionally! Geeks rule!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)