Saturday, October 30, 2010

Out in the World...

I am out in the WORLD!

We are zipping down the highway and the sun is shining and the air is crisp...my husband is yelling at the idiots...it just doesn't get any better than this.

I love technology...here we are driving along and I get to blog at the same time.

We are headed to Target to use my fifty dollar gift card towards a new curtain rod for the living room. I got the gift card from Boeing for taking the wellness survey. We'll probably go to Walmart and then Publix after Target. I know this doesn't sound like much to you guys but I've been stuck in the house for fifteen days. I'm bustin' out...breakin' free...runnin' loose...well, you get the picture.

We are almost there. I will get back to you guys later.

LATER...MUCH LATER...

So...we made it to Target and after a couple of hours there, I felt like a whipped dog.  I found a couple of new hats to wear, a new scarf, the curtain rod I actually went after and a couple of computer games for almost nothing.   Tom found some new sneakers, a computer game that he liked, and we both found a LAP Chill Mat for our computers since they seem to get so hot lately.  (I guess we're just burning them up playing Farmville...HA!)  I think mine is hot because Shadow insists on laying right next to the place where the fan cools it off.  I swear she just lays there and intentionally blocks the outlet.  I love her more than the computer so I usually don't say anything.  She IS 63 in human years so I know it just must feel good to her old bones.

We went on to Walmart and then we were going to go to Publix but after 4 hours out on the town I didn't have anything left to give.  We came on home instead of doing Publix and I made some vegetable soup for us and I feel much better now.  Maybe we will do Publix tomorrow. So much for all that ZIP I had when I started out...LOL.

It's been a really fun day today and we have nacho chips planned for supper tonight so that will be an easy fix.  8-)

I would usually have had my hair/nail appointment today but I had to let Nancy know that there wasn't anything left of my nails to work on.  The chemo has really attacked them this round and both toes and fingers are painful so I guess until all this is over, I don't get to have my fun with Nancy.  She is such a sweetheart.  I apologized to her for not being able to keep the appointment and she said not to be sorry to her.   She felt bad that I was in pain.  I just love that girl.  I hope she'll still have time to work on my hair and nails when I get them all back.

That's about it for now...Hope everyone else is having a great day too!!

4 comments:

  1. Were you hanging your head out the window of the car to enjoy the wind in your face? :-)

    I'm sorry your digits hurt!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...I really was. My tongue was hanging out too. Glad you got the visual...HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Babe! I'm so glad you had a great day, and so sad for your fingers and toes hurting and being sore. I look forward, too, to the day you can be relatively pain free and not worrying about such simple things as manicures. I love you all so very much. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you can have another fun day today.Our weather here in Tenn.is lovely.chilly mornings but great afternoons.Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)