Sunday, October 24, 2010

Blogging Defeat

Probably the first sin in blogging is admitting that you have nothing to blog about.

THOU SHALT NOT ADMIT BLOGGING DEFEAT

I think I have reached the point where I have come full circle in my chemo cycle and I really have nothing new to tell you about.  Oops. 

I have no life, so there isn't anything exciting going on here.  Well, I did just make up a grocery list for Tom to take to the store...whoo whoo...that was exciting (HEAVY sarcasm here).  Although, I did put something new and exciting on it.  I put the stuff on there to make an apple pie and added vanilla ice cream to it too.  That is my comfort food for this week.

I won't be leaving the house until next weekend and except for bathing our fat cat yesterday, nothing else happened yesterday except for my moaning and groaning about no energy and pain in my body.  Yeah...that's not too good as blog material.  Although, I could have put a picture of my fat wet cat on the blog, I won't embarrass her that way.  8-)

I'm still waiting for my sister to update her blog (She hasn't updated since Sept 5th...and it still has a title of "6 More Days" which references my Niece's wedding which happened on Sept 11th.  My sister's family all have blogs but they are too busy living life to update their blogs...lol.  Someday, I'll be there again.  I can't wait.  In the meantime, guys, I am bored and looking for what is going on in your lives.  I am really surprised that my sister didn't put something on her blog about passing her certification to be a Registered Sanitarian!  Hey, you missed an opportunity there.  (Of course, she called me which was way better than reading her blog!)  She's got this genius IQ and, after raising all her children and passing on all her smarts there, she decided to do something else with it.  Yeah, CAROL! 

Of course, my Mom does get her blog updated a couple of times a week so I always know what is going on there.  8-)  She leads such a busy life it makes me tired.  

My  husband was in a bad mood for a nanosecond this morning.  I said something to him, he snapped my head off and I asked him what was wrong (I mostly asked because it really surprised me.  He almost never gets like that and I hadn't done anything this morning to provoke it.  [Well, nothing that my chemo brain could remember, anyway]).  He said nothing and then said that he didn't know.  He must be having house-itis too...HA.  (Or...he could be getting tired of me whining...NAH...that can't be it.  LOL)  I'm glad he's getting out and going shopping.  You know this cancer thing is as hard on Tom as it is on me.  He got over his snappiness pretty quickly though....he is amazing like that.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!  It's so beautiful here we're going to grill steaks later today.  8-)

8 comments:

  1. She won't admit it here, but I messed upnher dream for the apple pie. Gonna be one of those days, I can see it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha! My brother Tom comments! Hello, Tom! Daryl is sick today...so we got to watch our church online. They do a live feed now.

    Easy fix, Tom. Get the stuff! :-)

    I'm now challenged, Sis. I've wondered if I'm able to put thoughts down more than once every 4 months...hmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...and I just discovered Scramble. I beat your score!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. However, Whitney and Daniel are WAY up there on Scramble scores...I'm impressed! Last time I played Hannah with a real scramble board, she nearly beat me. I'm thinking we can't give her a two letter word advantage any more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Babe! What>!!!I'm not the first to make a comment today? Ha. What is Scramble? Is it like scrabble? HOw do you find it? Where is it? A competitive game and I haven't found it? I must be losing my touch. h aha ha! Is it free? Teresa, I'm sorry you can't get out and I hope you can be out soon. The weather here has turned "fallish" and is very pleasant today after the rain all day yesterday. Keep blogging even when you think there is nothing to say. We want to know how you are even if you just say you're not hurting as much today as yesterday or more than yesterday or the same as yesterday. (Smiley face inserted here) Love you'n's forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I did not even know I had played scramble. Mom, I think it is part of the zynga stuff.

    Tom offered to go get the right thing but it was all silly and I don't really need that particular apple pie. Poor guy...my diploma fell off the wall and messed up the beautiful frame and I had a meltdown. It has been A DAY. It was not even the frame I was crying about...I am sick of being sick if you know what I mean. I think Tom is sick of it too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha....Daryl says we played it with you at your house a few years ago, on your computer. I guess it holds scores forever?

    Mom, it's one of the "Games" down the left side of the FB screen. I was just kidding about beating Teresa...our scores are 1 point apart. I can't even match my first score!

    Yeah...I know about the sick of being sick thing. Is it a sit in the gazebo day?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, we just got the grill fired up and will probably sit out there for a while waiting for it to get ready. Good idea. My guess would be that you guys played it and I never did. HA! Maybe it isn't my chemo brain keeping me from remembering. 8-)

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)