Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Babbling...

Today is an overcast day outside but everything inside feels good.

I worked out on the treadmill for an hour this morning.  Got all my blood circulating through my body, encouraging it to regenerate the good cells that I need again so I can go fry them in a week.  HA!  It does leave me feeling like I have accomplished something today though and I think that is important.  Every day should have some kind of accomplishment to it.  Otherwise, why am I here?

Next week will be my last Taxotere chemo and I will be halfway done.  Yeah ME!

We finished eating our apple pie and ice cream last night and that was kinda sad.  While I complained that he didn't get the right kind of pie stuff...it turned out excellent anyway.  YEAH TOM!!  We're having a Mexican casserole tonight which will be yummy.  (See how I go from exercising right to food...HA!)  But no more dessert this week.  I don't want to totally sabotage all the weight we lost last year.

We had two terrible storms hit here yesterday.  (Yeah, I can't believe I'm talking about the weather either.)  They had tornado watches all afternoon and the kids got out of school for half a day.  (Can you believe they get out of school for storms??)  There are leaves and sticks all over the back yard today.  I thought I would put a picture of it in here, but you really can't see the leaves and sticks as much as I thought you would be able to.  I'll put the picture in anyway since I went to all the trouble to go out there and click the picture for you.  I think the leaves are hard to see because the grass is going brown too.  I am looking out my office window and I see the yellow and orange and brown leaves so clearly.  Yeah, I know...why don't I take a picture out of my office window.  Well, I didn't think of it, the batteries are dead, and now I'm too lazy to walk back to the bedroom closet and get more for it.  I'll save that for tomorrow's accomplishment!  HA!!


I was just thinking that this is so much like letter writing in the old days.  Just keeping in touch with what is going on in our lives.  Think about the amazement that might come from someone from the 1800's if they saw this technology.  They waited weeks for letters from loved ones and they rarely had pictures.  How blessed we are (and cursed sometimes, I think) to live in these times of technological advancement.

I was just chatting with a friend online and she was telling me she already has her Christmas shopping done but needs to wrap it all.  HOW WRONG IS THAT?  She was complaining about how she hates to wrap.  I told her I love to wrap...hate to shop.  She says she'll shop for me if I wrap for her.  Sounds like a cool deal except I haven't a clue what I am going to get people this year.  Everyone needs to send me an email with what they want this year.  (tnt1799@bellsouth.net)  That would be a fine thing to get done soon.  That would be a great accomplishment.  WELL, that would be a bit of a miracle...

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Babe. I already know what I want as a tangible gift (one I can touch and hear). When it was storming the other day, I was reminded of the record that we had called One Stormy Night and it was by the Mystics. The reason I know this is that I looked online and found it, it even had the same picture on the record cover. I don't want the record, but the cd that it is recorded on. I absolutely loved that record and when it wouldn't play anymore, I just hated not having it. Ha. How retro is that wish?
    I am so glad you are still feeling better. I thank God every day for you and for what you mean in my life, and that He is going to make you well again. I have claimed that for you from Him.
    Love you'n's forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. My new goal is done by Thanksgiving. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're just showing off now. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is because she wants them to be ready to take to Illinois...:)

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)