Monday, October 18, 2010

I'm ALLLLL Right

Somehow, she finds herself climbing the same mountain that she had conquered before.

She is armed with the knife called Survival, which she holds in her mouth because she needs both hands to hang on to the side of the mountain.

The pain in her mind and body are more than she feels she can possibly bear. She looks around and sees that she is not alone. Climbing with her is the one called "Husband".  On her other side is the one called "Sister".  Husband has a knife called "Clarity" and Sister has one called "Sanity".

Inside her mind, nothing seems normal or real. The fatigue that wracks her body is debilitating but she knows she has to conquer this mountain or everyone's efforts will be for nothing.

Yeah...yada yada yada...

Yesterday really sucked. I was the mean and unhappy Chemo Girl. I don't really know how else to describe it. Since they changed my chemo delivery day to Thursday, this means the worst day falls on Sunday. It used to fall on Monday and Tom was able to be at work and miss all my evilness. Bless his heart...he got it full force yesterday. I got to sit around crying and feeling like I'm going insane with the pain and confused feelings and he was left trying to find something to make me happy.

I really couldn't talk to anyone yesterday and kind of left Mom hanging wondering how I was (Sorry Mom).

It is two-thirty in the morning and today is going to be a long day but it should be a better one. Now my body and mind are working on the mending part after being ravaged by the poisons. It's a little like the scene in "It's a Wonderful Life" where uncle Billy is walking away from George and you hear him falling into a bunch of trash cans and he yells "I'm ALLLLL right...I'm all right.".

Today is a new day with new hope..."I'm ALLLLL right.."  8-)

6 comments:

  1. Telling on Mom because I told her I would...she makes plans to be harvesting at 3 am and gets up to harvest...we've created a monster! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is TOO FUNNY!! I love it. Looks like we were both up at 3 this morning. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA ha, Mom is right there, climbing behind you, to help break your fall, if you start to fall. Letting your tears mingle with hers. Playing Farmville as we go. Love you, Babe, and thanking God for Tom's and Carol's able assistance to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true, Mom. Very glad you are there. 8-) That kinda puts you in a 'posterior' position though...hmm...let's have you pulling me up the mountain. That makes more sense to me. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I'll agree with that. A strong arm lifting you up. :)

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)