Thursday, October 21, 2010

Good News!!

It is just wrong how excited I am about to leaving the house to get a sonogram.  HA! 

While I dread the sonogram and any results from it, I can't wait to get in the truck and go bye-bye.  (hehe...like a little baby here.)

I know that my white and red counts are very low right now because I am in nadir (Days 4-14 post chemo).  I can tell my reds are low because my head hurts and my heart is beating irregularly and I am totally out of breath today.  It's not as easy to tell about white counts being low.  I have a small temp which may mean that I picked something up on Monday when I went to see the doctor.  I'll just keep an eye on that.


BUT...I get to go outside...how cool is that?  The sun is shining and the air is crisp today.  I'm gonna wear my red hat and red shirt with some jeans today (I get to dress up...cool) and look all 'fally' too.  I guess I'll need to wear my jacket too since it is so cool.

I got the house cleaned yesterday except for the bathrooms.  I was so happy to be feeling like I could clean.  When I was done, I was exhausted and my heart hurt but I was so glad to have all the floors cleaned and most everything dusted.  (Yeah, there is ALWAYS more dust and cat hair than I can keep up with...)  The house smelled all good and fresh and not like chemo.  YEAH CLEAN!!  I asked Tom if he could help with the bathrooms this weekend.  He loves to clean the bathrooms...(right...lol)

I also forced myself to do 3 miles on the treadmill yesterday.  By the time I went to bed everything ached.  I was so glad to crawl into bed.  8-)

OK, I'm back from the sonogram.  The cyst is fluid filled and nothing to worry about according to them so I am going to cancel my apt with the surgeon.  I know the cancer doc said he wanted the fluid analyzed but I have cysts all the time so I don't see any reason to worry about it.  If he doesn't like that I canceled it, he can remake after my next chemo treatment.  Let me know if you guys think that is a bad choice.  I'm really just tired of all the poking and prodding.

Tom and I stopped and got McDonald's on the way to the apt.  I haven't had McDonald's fries in a year.  I was actually sadly disappointed.  They were hot and crisp like they should have been but all I could taste was grease.  Then I was nauseous for a few minutes until my stomach accepted the grease.  I guess I've flushed all that junk out of my body and now it is rebelling.  I guess I should be happy about that.  It doesn't make me want to eat junk now.  HA!

Hope everyone is having a great day!  Mine certainly got better.  8-)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Babe! Great post! It seems the cleaning bug bit both of us. I have been mopping the house today, and cleaning. It does smell great doesn't it? (see my blog)
    I am so glad that the lump was only a fluid filled cyst. Hope you won't push yourself too much. Keep on keeping on...Love you'n's forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are times in a cancer patient's life when you just have to find something you can say "No" to. Daryl, every once in a while, would put his foot down. He might concede later and he might not, but he seemed to know what wasn't life threatening (okay, a little funny, that one!) and that he could have some measure of control. You might change your mind later and at least have it aspirated...that's something you'd do anyway....but for today, enjoy the freedom to say no to something, or at least control the timing. :-)

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)