Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Massages and Stuff

Last  night, Tom was giving me one of his famous massages. (Only famous around here...thank you very much).  (Hey...just my shoulders and neck...this is a G rated blog.)

I'm going "Mmm...so much power in those hands...I feel so relaxed now."

He responds with "Power just like a race car...except I don't have a clue what I did with the key."

Ha HA...funny guy.

He has a fine sense of humor...one of the reasons that I married him.  Isn't it funny how we gravitate to people who make us laugh?

Not too much going on here today.  Yesterday was a very hectic, brain taxing, body breaking work day.  I was SO glad when it was over.  The simplest things tax my brain to the max right now.  The good thing about being work busy though is that it takes my personal focus off of the chemo and puts it back out into the world.  That is important right now.  I try to make the only time that I focus on what is going on with me is while writing this blog (It is still a therapeutic outlet according to my health coach so I keep writing in it) or telling Tom about my day in the evening...then I am less self-absorbed and probably less apt to feel as badly as I might if I just sat around and said "Woe is me" all day.  Yeah for work!

My sister calls me the other day and starts talking about getting an aloe plant to treat my breast after the radiation therapy each time.  I had already gotten something bottled from Walmart that said it was 100% Aloe but she says that doesn't work.  I'm thinking..."I'm never gonna find a REAL aloe plant at this time of year..."  I'm spazzing out in my head because it's only about 8 weeks until I start that.  In her no nonsense fashion she just states that they'll take care of it for me...(She is such a take charge person).  She says it won't be any problem to find one at all.  It's funny  how the littlest thing seems like a mountain that can't be moved (to me) but others just think, "No biggee."  I appreciate her help with this one because I would just use the bottled stuff and if I hurt...o well...too much trouble to get a real plant.  (Which definitely isn't like the 'normal' me...lol)  I really hope she is right and it isn't a big deal to get it.  I had already looked at a ton of stores around here and did not find a plant and I didn't think of ordering online because I figured it would be dead by the time it got here (or dead after I TOUCHED IT - [Reference blog entry "New Life When You Least Expect it"  http://tnt-teresa.blogspot.com/2010/09/new-life-when-you-least-expect-it.html] to understand this statement...HA!).  I am sure that she is way more resourceful than I am right now. 

Hope everyone out there is having a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Teresa,

    i have a yard full of aloe plants...lemme know if C is unable to fulfill as promised. i can ship immediately !

    a

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are wonderful...Carol, I'll leave this to you guys to work out...thanks so much to both of you! What a great family I have...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I am doing this on my cell phone and it is a challenge. Love U all Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea...ship away! Even though I have a probably source, it won't hurt to have extras...especially if my green-thumbed (not!) sister kills them as they come in! :-) Thanks for being willing to do this! Family rocks!

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)