Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Comparisons

Dark and gloomy outside...warm and happy inside.  8-)

Almost sounds like something to eat, huh?

Nah...just the difference between the outside world and my disposition.

I am feeling like a conquerer today.  Yeah, I still have that nagging nausea and a slight temp, but my energy levels are returning and I'm all showered and clean and feeling happy inside.  God is so GOOD to me...and I don't even deserve it. 

We are now in day 6 after chemo.  I am feeling hopeful that I will feel good enough in a week to do it all over again.

In retrospect...Taxotere drags you down for a longer time but AC hits you harder at the beginning and then tapers off quicker.  (I guess if I were to give an analogy, Taxotere would be like being beaten up in the ring for 5 rounds and AC would be a knockout in the first round.)  Hard to say which one is preferred.  I like that the AC doesn't make me a mean chemo drunk or give me the emotional draining that I got from Taxotere but I hate that I am disabled for about 3 days after the steroids wear off.  I am very much a self sufficient person and hated to depend on Tom so much for EVERYTHING for those three days (and I DO mean everything).  But he was there for me and I salute his ability to take care of me.  There wasn't a single need that went unmet.

I was really thankful that this was the Thanksgiving holidays and I didn't have to try to work until Monday.  I  think next time it will probably cost me two sick days instead of just one on the chemo day.

Just wanted to share today's Max Lucado with you guys...it's a good one.  I never feel worthy of what God has done for me...here is a wonderful reminder that while I may constantly strive for perfection (and Lord knows that I do and never achieve it), I don't have to be perfect and why....  8-)

"Cleansing Blood

In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins. Ephesians 1:7, KNJV

The blood of Christ does not cover your sins, conceal your sins, postpone your sins, or diminish your sins.  It takes away your sins, once and for all time.

Jesus allows your mistakes to be lost in His perfection."

Such a statement of HOPE!  8-)

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Babe...Beautiful! Love you'n's forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah....the core of the gospel. You caught it! We come with nothing...nothing...nothing. Our nothing is replaced with Jesus. There is nothing we CAN do to "be worthy". We're not. We won't be. And that's glorious!!!! It takes the "I hafta...I oughta...When I'm good-er I will..." out of the equation. It relieves us of the stress of knowing we never can be worthy. It FREES us to accept unworthiness, yea, to embrace it! One person's sins are no better or worse before God than another's....it's all filthy rags! All! No levels of ugly. just ugly.

    I have learned that my striving for perfection presumes that I have something to give God. i don't. I won't. It really is all about His Glory. If my life points back to Jesus and glorifies Him, then I'm out of the way. As long as I think I have anything to offer, I'm in the way, I'm striving,and His glory can't reflect. (I Love Lucado!)

    I still battle the urge...and still find myself sometimes thinking that I've got something good that is worthy. A little piece of me that feels like IT passes muster. Then I remember the truth of it, and re-adjust my thoughts.

    Cool, edifying post! You are so brave. I admire you!

    Love you, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gleeful dancing...you got what I was saying...you captured it and fed it back...8-)

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)