Friday, November 26, 2010

More Random Musings

So...here is a funny thing.  I am going through my old  posts and I see one that was just a draft and it was titled, "I Get So Easily Distracted" and there was nothing in the body of the posting.  Wow...was that an apt title, or what?  LOL  (Yeah, I deleted that one...as well as several others I started but didn't finish.)

A lot of this cancer business is just waiting around for stuff.  Today I am waiting to go get my neulasta shot.  That is the shot that helps the bones produce more white blood cells.  I really dread this shot because it causes such severe bone pain.  I got out of it for the last three rounds of Taxotere, but the doctor says I have to have it for the AC chemo.  Nothing I could say could convince him otherwise.  Hmmph.  I can usually talk my way out of anything...very disappointing that I lost this battle.

The AC chemo definitely hits harder than the taxotere because I've already had the bloody noses and broken blood vessels in my hands that I usually don't get for about a week after Taxotere.  Small fever this morning which I have to watch and some slight nausea.  All of this is manageable though.

I guess I forgot to tell how the MRI of my head came out.  The good news is there are no tumors in my brain.  YEAH!  He didn't say whether I had a brain or not so I am just believing that it is so...lol.  The bad news is that the cyst that they removed from my nose last November has grown back and is probably what is causing my headaches.  He felt the Taxotere was causing the blurred and double vision and since that has cleared up now, I would guess he was right.  He said when the chemo is over, he'll send me over to ENT to get the cyst removed.  Maybe I'll get a better ENT doctor than I had last time.  He wasn't bad, but I went to him for an earache that wouldn't go away and he just focused on the cyst he found in my nose. The earache never has gone away but I've learned to live with it.  There have obviously been more important things than a silly earache to take care of this year.  HA.

We had a great Thanksgiving yesterday.  The meal plan came out perfect.  I warmed up the turkey in the oven while the rolls were cooking, made the velveeta cheese potatoes at the same time and 5 minutes from completion put some steamer veggies in the microwave.  After we ate all that, we had blueberries in lite cool whip.  We were definitely stuffed Turkeys when it was over.  My favorite was the Mrs. Shubert's rolls.  I LOVE bread.  The blueberries came in second but really...it was all yummy.  It was a good day all around.  8-)  God is so amazing to us.  I don't care what the rest of the week brings as long as Tom had a good Thanksgiving.  It would have been nice to have been with more family but it was great to at least share the holiday with my honey.   8-)

I hope everyone else had a great Thanksgiving also.  You were all in my prayers for safe travel and a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Babe.I am so very grateful for you and Tom. I am so very proud of you both and the way you are both dealing with these trials in your lives. When I read of your aches and pains and what all you are dealing with, it makes me so humble and grateful that I have so little to deal with personally. I love you both so very much. Mom

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)