Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Ready for Turkey Day!!

My son called me last night.

I LOVED hearing his voice.  I laughed so much my sides hurt.  He has my sense of humor and when we get together, the jokes go on and on. 

He is doing well and surviving the winter weather in North Dakota.  They had snow before Halloween up there.  That's just wrong.  I know he will be glad to leave that weather when his time to move comes around.

He told me my granddaughter (his daughter) Alyssa has juvenile diabetes.  From everything I've ever read about juvenile diabetes, this means that she will have to take insulin for the rest of her life because juvenile diabetes is type 1.  Keep her in your prayers as she and her family adjust to this disease.

Talking to him is like opening up my heart and getting it filled to the brim.  He says he might come down this summer.  I think he wanted to come home for Christmas but he understands that this isn't a good time to introduce new germs into the house. 

I got some groceries this morning.  (Yeah ME!)  I finally figured out what we're doing for Thanksgiving.  I got some boars-head maple cured turkey breast meat (already cooked and sliced so all I have to do is heat it up), some Sister Shubert's rolls, some mixed veggies, and I'm going to make some Velveeta cheese potatoes.  This way, it is all easy and if I'm not up to it eating it, at least Tom will get a nice turkey meal.  I've been worrying over what I was going to do for Turkey day for him.  I feel much better about going into the next chemo round now that I have that planned. 

Hope everyone is having a great day! 

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Babe, I know exactly what you mean about hearing someone's voice and how it opens up your heart for the sunshine to come pouring in. There is just something so special about hearing the voice of someone you love. I'm so glad you got to talk to him. I'll be thinking of you as you go into that ugly arena of chemo tomorrow. (As always I do) Love you'n's forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great meal plan! I think that may be the BEST way to do turkey! I love Board Head meats!

    We'll all be praying tomorrow.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)