Monday, November 22, 2010

Something Usable?

All I can think about today is that I only have two more good days left before the AC Chemo starts.  Ugh.

Panic mode...I hate this.  I go into a fight or flight mode every time.  (Flight is looking pretty good right about now.)

Shadow doesn't look concerned...OH for a cat's life...8-)  Of course they don't live that many years, so I guess I'll continue to feel blessed in that regard.  8-)

Yesterday's Max Lucado Daily Devotion was based on Romans 8:28.  "We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called to His purpose."

Max's part went like this:

"Everything?  Everything.  Chicken-hearted disciples.  A two-timing Judas.  A pierced side.  Spineless Pharisees.  A hard-hearted High Priest.  In everything God worked.  I dare you to find one element of the cross that he did not manage for good or recycle for symbolism.  Give it a go.  I think you'll find what I found - every dark detail was actually a golden moment in the cause of Christ.

Can't he do the same for you?"

And I wonder...can he?  Can he take this dark time in my life and turn it into something usable for the good of Christ?  Is it possible that I can come out on the other side of this being more and not less than I was before?  I don't care about the external scars left behind.  Can I get past the internal scars that say I am susceptible to something that could kill me? 

I believe I can and will.  I believe I have what it takes no matter how hard the road gets.  I have felt God holding me in His arms, caring for me, and loving me through this so far and I know he isn't going to stop now.  (That doesn't mean I won't whine and moan along the way...I have to vent or go crazy.)

My thanks to everyone supporting me out there because you are just an extension of God's arms around me.  Don't stop now...we're heading into the hardest part.  Please keep those prayers going up...they are the most important part of this fight.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Babe, You can count on us, just like you can God, only he is so much better than we.
    I always look forward to reading what you have to share with us, even when the things are not so good, because at least you let us know how you are doing. Loving you always. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great. Hang tight. Your eyes are in the right direction...He's alredy turning it into something usable for the good of Christ.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)