Thursday, November 4, 2010

In The Chair Again

I got Kendra as my nurse again for my chemo today...YEAH!! I am in chair number six. That is a higher number chair than last time for whatever that is worth.  It just makes me feel 'more special' if I have a number closer to number 1...HA.  This is my last taxotere treatment. It took FOREVER to see the doctor this morning. He saw eight patients before he even got to me. My appointment was for eight forty and I didn't see him until nine fifty.

This really nice lady named Lauren was helping with the food cart today. (They bring snacks and drinks around to us if we want them during chemo.) She had really short hair and she shared with me that she had just completed her chemo treatments for breast cancer.  She really gave me hope when I looked at her and all that hair she had on her head.  I have the nightmares of never being able to grow hair again after this is over.  It's silly, I know but I really don't have a lot of control over my dreams at night...lol.  I guess they often express some of our deepest fears and fantasies that go on in our subconscious.  (Yeah, I'm not going down the fantasy road in this blog world.  You're welcome...LOL)

I told the doctor about my double vision and he has ordered an MRI for next week. I hate that I am claustrophobic and will need medicine for them to stick me in that machine so Tom will have to drive me. This means more time away from work for him.  If I could do it without him, I certainly would.

I know exactly what to expect now for the next three weeks, and it's funny, but it doesn't make it any easier.  I really think it should but it doesn't.  In fact, I am just about a basket case because I do know what to expect. I just keep my mantra going..."God is in Control...God Loves me...God is in Control...God Loves me."

I have my first AC chemo treatment the day before Thanksgiving. My husband says we will celebrate Thanksgiving after this is all over in February. I am good with that. I guess we may as well wait until then for Christmas and the New Year too. HA!!

I am back home now.  All went well at the Cancer Center.  Taxotere is now complete except for the crying...HA!  That means that in 11 weeks, I should be complete with all the chemo and then in thirteen weeks I will start healing from it all.  I am REALLY looking forward to the healing process.  8-)

I got home and there were all these TO-DOs in my mailbox from work.  I wrote my boss and told him I would get right on it and he said, "Don't tax yourself, now."  All I could think was, "Then quit giving me all this work if you don't want me to tax myself."  Wow...amazing.  He knows I am compelled do work if it is passed down to me.  WHATEVER.

Tom took me, sat with me through the treatment and took me home afterword.  He is such a sweetie to give up his personal time like this for me.  I told him that I thought I could drive myself to these for the Taxotere but he really seems to want to be there for me. 

It isn't a bad day today except for the stress of it all.  Thanks everyone for all the love and prayers.  It means more to me than you can ever imagine.  8-)

5 comments:

  1. Hey, Babe...Boss says don't tax yourself, and you think, "I've had the tax o tears today. but the tears come later".
    You were saying you know what to expect and it doesn't make it any easier, but at least you don't have to wonder, and as the expression goes, "better the devil that you know, than the one you don't know"
    (trying to make you feel a little better here).
    I'll be thinkin' about you this week coming up, and praying that things go well with you. Any time you want to chat, give me a jingle. Lovin' you all forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know about "open" MRI's? they're much more doable, and my tech had me put a washcloth over my eyes...MAJOR help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes...I have done several open MRIs. No more doable for me than the closed. I mean, think about it...the two ends are open but they put your head in a cage and you are still encircled with a casket like circle around you. And that sound...too much for me. I tried it a couple of times but we could never finish it so now I am careful to ask to be sedated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good call! I'll remember that sedation is an option next time I get one! I am SO claustrophobic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, sorry that you two are so claustrophobic... so far that doesn't bother me, it is just lying on my back for any amount of time that hurts me, Literally hurts. I guess we all have our baddies, don't we?

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)