Sunday, November 14, 2010

Angel and a Devil on my Shoulders

Today is a kind of an emotional 'down' day so I told Tom that we should actually get out today even though I am in 'Nadir'.  I probably won't have much energy but I need to get out and do something productive.

Then, in my usual fashion, I changed my mind. 

Then, in my usual fashion, I changed my mind back to going out.

Somehow, we (Tom and I) were discussing this changing of the mind that I go through all the time and I said, "Oh, poor you, I just torment you all the time, don't I?"

He replies with, "You don't torment me ALL the time."

Yeah...we got a good laugh out of that one.

Of course he followed up with, "I would be tormented if I were alone."  (Yeah, I can hear you all going 'awwww' out there.)  Of course, I said, "awwww...."

When I know I am supposed to be good and say home because I could so easily catch every little germ that is flying around out there...I usually stay home but I'M TIRED OF STAYING HOME.  I feel like being a 'bad' girl and just throwing myself out there in the mix.  I know some might say "Trust God, he'll protect you."   But then there is a part of me that says, "God gave me the wisdom to stay home so why don't I do that?"  Hence all the vacillating that goes on in my head about leaving the house when I'm in Nadir.  Of course, every other bad thing I've done in my life began with this same type of vacillation.  You know the old story of the demon on one shoulder and the angel on the other.  I definitely have one of each and they loooove to talk.

There are two things I know for sure: I know my husband needs to get out of here with me and I know that I need to get out so that I don't sit around in the doldrums.

Hope everyone out there is having as good a day as I'm going to have...'cause I'm heading out.  8-)  That little devil on my shoulder just won the toss.

4 comments:

  1. I have to admit, that is what I said. Truth is, she does not torment me at all. Suffice it to say, I Love You, Teresa - ")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, Sis (and Tom). It's tough, but you can do it. BTW, re-learn to play monopoly and stay home if that's what the doc orders. Don't make me tell you my scare stories of my friends/acquaintances. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, "Awwww...." Tom, you're a great guy to my sister! Love you!

    Second, I'm not convinced getting out is bad. If you stay out of people's faces and out of enclosed spaces, would it be okay to get out? Carry some Clorox wipes. They have quaternary ammonia in them, which is even better than clorox for killing germs. Use them on door handles and tables, etc, that you have to touch. Go to places that don't have real dishes...use consumables, or else wipe down the utensils with the clorox wipes and let them air dry. Don't eat foods that require a lot of food handling, like salads. Eat grilled meats that are cooked and then come off the grill onto your plate without being touched. Baked potatoes would be good. Hot vegetables. Avoid mexican food out...lots of opportunity for foodborne illness in refried beans and rice. NO sushi at all! If you must eat asian foods, make sure they're burn you mouth hot, not cold foods. Avoid rice unless they use vinegar in it, or unless it's fresh and hot. No reheated foods. Don't eat at holes in the wall or mom and pop places. Most illnesses are not very airborne this time of year, so breathing around other people should be fairly okay unless they're coughing. Now, that said, go have fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)