Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Two Day Blog...

I started this part of the blog  yesterday...didn't get done with it after the MRI as I had originally planned...oops.

Nov 12, 2010

Tom is getting some major dental work done today.  They pulled out one of his teeth years and years ago and our current dentist thinks it would be good for him to have a bridge over that gap.  Today they make a temporary and send off a mold of the temporary to make the real one.  (Not sure if we have this process correct but that is what Tom thinks they are going to be doing.)  That is going to take the dentist and his crew about 4 hours to do.  Then Tom runs home and grabs me to go get my MRI done.  Really looking forward to that (NOT).  Luckily, they will be giving me some happy juice so that I don't care that I feel like I'm in a coffin while they are doing the MRI.  The headaches haven't been as bad with this chemo treatment but I am still having the double vision off and on.  Maybe they can get to the bottom of all that with the MRI.

Nov 13, 2010...Day after the MRI...

Ativan is your friend.  8-) 

We got to the Cancer Center yesterday and waited for about 45 minutes to get called back to get the MRI done.  When I got back there, they gave me a shot of ativan to help me with my claustrophobia.  NICE STUFF.  They could have chopped off my head instead of doing an MRI and I really wouldn't have cared.  I asked her in my wonderful slurred speech how the pictures came out.  She said, "I got some really good pictures."  I asked her, "Can't you tell me more than that?  She said "Nope...you need to talk to your doctor."  I told her I had to try anyway...

Today is a quiet day and it is nice to have Tom home for company.  I'm not supposed to go out in the world this weekend since I'm in 'Nadir' but I am thinking of making a Sam's run anyway later today.  I've finished my morning computer stuff, done the treadmill and need to make lunch but after that it's pretty much wide open.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Babe...yeah, that sounds like you...you never did like to do what someone else thought you ought to or not do what they said for you not to do...(the old Apple doesn't fall far from the tree adage at work..ha) I'm glad the MRI went well for you too (the actual process). Hope the results give you some answers that are good, too.
    If you did go out, i hope it went well with you and no repercussions. Glad you are doing well enough to tromp on that treadmill. More power to you. Bless you, Tom...I hate going to the dentist, too. Love you'n's forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)