Thursday, November 18, 2010

Romantic Stories and Not So Romantic Stories...

Sleepless in Seattle...absolutely my favorite romantic movie...

It's been a really busy work day today and in the background I had Sleepless in Seattle running.  I've probably seen it ten times but it always makes me go "Awww..." and grin and cry when Annie and Sam meet at the top of the Eiffel Tower on Valentine's Day.  Yeah, total chick flick. 

I am in the 'good week' after chemo.  Yeah!  I love this week.  All my energy is returning and this weekend I'm going to go Christmas shopping because it will be my last chance for this year.  The chemo is going to be stepped up from every three weeks to every two weeks so there won't really be any good weeks until January. 

The nice thing is...we're in the home stretch now.  4 more chemos, 11 more weeks and I should be back to being as good as I am right now.  (This is allowing for recovery time after the last chemo) 

I think my boss is becoming very impatient for me to get back to the office but the good news is that this is the time of year when we get a couple of days off for Thanksgiving and a few days off for Christmas so there will be less work days.  Before I started all this, he was used to me bouncing in and out of his office with ideas and solutions all day (every day, poor guy) and he doesn't have that right now.  He is also working on a proposal for one of the programs to try to fill my shoes as well as doing the 8 hour schedule training that he made me schedule last year for every couple of months.  (OK, I have to laugh at that one a little bit.  I didn't want to schedule all those in the future and he made me.)  I was just going to schedule them as we needed them but he was all "Put one in every couple of months." and I was thinking, if you give them more classes, they'll just wait until the last one to take it but "WHATEVER" and now here he is having to teach one on 3 December.  OK, I feel kinda bad that he has to teach the class but he could cancel it if he wanted to.

My sister is going to let me be in their 'Gifster' thingy.  That will be a fun distraction to see what everyone wants and if she remembers to give me access before this weekend, maybe I can figure out what Daryl wants before I go shopping.  Hello, Carol?  Don't forget about me.  8-)

Hope everyone is having a great day!  Thanks for all the prayers...they're STILL working.  8-)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Babe! I liked Sleepless too, but I think I like
    "While You Were Sleeping" better. Oh, my they both have sleep in the title, don't they? Ha. Just now realized that. Oh, well, anyway, I agree with you about the crying thingy. I always cry at the end, too.
    I'm glad you are feeling well enough to go shopping. Please just don't overdo. it is easy to do, as we both know. It was good to chat with you today, even though you were busy. Thank you, because that helps make my day. I am planning on a ten oclock night tonight after seeing The mentalist. :)
    The weather is supposed to be cooler in the morning, but I still plan to go out and do a lot more of my shopping tomorrow.
    Hope Carol remembers to invite you to her giftster site. Love you'n's forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)