Monday, October 11, 2010

What a Dream...

I don't sleep all that well since the diagnosis of cancer.  But that is ok...I just stay in bed until I have gotten enough to get through the day.

Last night I SLEPT.  Big deep sleep with lots of dreams.  The one just before I woke up for good was a doozy.

I dreamed that I was at work and I had all these really hard things to get accomplished.  I wasn't well and I couldn't figure out why I wasn't well.  At some point in the dream, my sister was telling me she wasn't well either.  Then we found out that she was pregnant.  (Good one on you, Sis.  HA!)

Apparently I was doing really really well at my job because my boss calls me into her office and says to call all my family together because she wants to give me an award.  (This was a woman whom I had never seen before...I have two male bosses so this was particularly weird.)

Well, the award ceremony was in this big building with a dance floor.  They had live music and my mother and father came and my aunt Imazo came.  There were lots of people from my work place.  I remember that part of my clothing kept ending up in my hands instead of on my body (yeah, aren't dreams really weird?).  I remember pulling Mom aside and asking her what we were going to tell my boss about my Dad being there when he was supposed to be dead.  She started to tell me what to say but I got pulled away.

When my sister arrived, I corralled her to take me to the restroom so I could put all my clothes back on.  (Luckily the parts missing were undergarments and not outer garments...HA)  I remember I had this suitcase with all these clothes in it and medical papers.  I'm in the restroom telling my sister about her pregnancy and then I'm telling her that I'm pregnant too.  (Yeah...that one is pretty much impossible since I had a hysterectomy when I was 30.)

We went back to the party and my mom and dad were sleeping in cots that someone had pulled out for them. 

Crazy nightmare.  That's about all the parts I remember but I basically just remember it was crazy to me even while I was having it.  I knew it all wasn't right but when you're in dreamland, there's nothing you can do but play out the dreams.

Only thing I do know is that I never got the award in the dream.  HA!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Babe! Yeah, that was a doozy all right. I am quite often not wearing all my clothes in a dream or looking for a bathroom and finding them all in use or unusable. I have been dreaming of Dubby a lot over the past few weeks, and they say it is actually good if you dream of someone who has passed away, because that means you are dealing with it on a deep psychological level. I reckon we must be dealing with it pretty good then. Love youn's forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the record let me state, I am NOT pregnant! :-)

    When Daryl dreams, he can tell himself it's a dream, and then he manipulates the dream, telling himself he can make the dream do what he wants it to do. How cool is that!

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)