Sunday, October 10, 2010

Fun DAY!!

So, Saturday was a really fun day.  I had my 'beauty' appointment and Nancy made me as beautiful as she could by doing a manicure and pedicure.  Since my head is completely bald we worked on one of my wigs to make it socially acceptable.  Nancy is probably the nicest, most caring person that has ever taken care of my beauty needs.  Bless her heart, she has so little to work with...lol.  But she always makes me feel happy and attractive by the time the appointment is over.  8-)

I wore the wig all over town and felt fairly comfortable in it but it does get hot so I am still thinking my 'do-rags' and hats will be the most comfortable.  (My husband HATES this term for the head wear...he says it's the 'rags' part he doesn't like.)

We went to Sam's first because we needed some bulk items and of course had to browse through the electronics.  We are both really bad electronic addicts.  I wonder if there is an EA (Electronics Anonymous) meeting somewhere that we should be going to?  Anyway, other people in Alabama go to football games for entertainment, we like to browse through the electronics.  8-) 

We found this really amazing flat screen TV that we were both drooling over.  55 inch flat panel, LED, 1080p, etc...you get the idea.  The picture was extremely sharp and crisp.  We've been wanting to upgrade the living room TV to a larger screen for quite a while but keep putting it off.  We already have a wall mount in the living room that our current 46 inch is resting on so I told him that I thought it was time to upgrade if we could fit this TV on the existing wall mount.  (I love to watch the excitement in his eyes when he thinks we are going to actually buy something instead of just look at it.)  8-)  I just don't want to have to put more holes in the wall than we already have there.  So we took some measurements and finished our shopping there and at Wal-Mart.

We were both pretty wiped by this time but came home and looked at the TV that was currently on the wall.  It turns out that the TV that is a 46 inch is actually 20.5 lbs heavier than the 55 inch that we want to replace it with.  Our current mount is very universal so it would work with the new TV all around without any problems.  So, we started the rotation of the TVs.

The first problem we had was that the TV on the wall would require the feet to be put back on it.  For the first couple of years, the feet were on that TV and everytime I looked at it hanging on the wall, it would annoy me that we hadn't taken the feet off yet so, of course, a few months ago I 'suggested' that we remove the feet. (This required the removal of the TV from the wall so 'we' could unscrew the legs and remove them...Using the Royal WE again here.) 

We got all that accomplished and then hid the feet somewhere in the house or the attic.  You know how that goes...you think, "I'll never need those again." and stuff them somewhere that you'll never remember. 

So the first thing we had to do was find the feet.   Ugh...

I looked in the piece of furniture that was under the TV thinking we might have cubby holed them in it so we could easily find them in the future.  Nope...not there.

I looked in all the dresser drawers (WELL...you just never know where we might have put them) but to no avail. 

Tom started looking back in our exercise room in the two closets in there.  (We keep tons of electronic stuff back there...we are the pack rats of electronics.)  Again...no luck.

After checking out any possible drawers or closets in the house, we knew what had to happen next. 

(Creepy Eerie Music Here....)

WE HAD TO GO INTO THE ATTIC.

Double Ugh.

We pulled down the stairs and proceeded to climb.

Now, in my defense, I am just a little bit ADD.  (Okay...they say ADD was discovered just because of me....whatever.)  We get up there and the first box I open has an old old old old (get the idea?) photo album in it which I start browsing through.

Tom, of course, is totally focused on the job at hand.  "MUST FIND THE FEET."  (You go guy!)

I am walking over to him with the photo album saying things like, "Wow, look at how much hair you had back then."  "Is this you with your parents as a little boy?"  "Don't you look tired feeding that baby?"  Well, you get the idea.  I am working hard at distracting him because I am totally into the pictures by this time and had forgotten what we were up there for.  Sigh.  Between ADD and chemo brain, he had lost me.  Poor Tom.

After about 15 minutes of him digging through boxes, I hear is a jubilant "AHA...found them." and I am brought back to the reality of the search.  Hurrah for my hero!  We were done up there so I dropped the photo album back in the box and re-focused on our current task.  (Wow, that was easy...lol)

So, we proceeded to add those feet to the TV in the living room, move the TV from the bedroom to the guest bedroom, move the living room TV to the bedroom, and he went to get the new TV. 

I am supposed to be figuring out how to reprogram the bedroom TV to the DVD player in there but as you can see, I got a little distracted by my Blog...oops.  Heading back to do what I was supposed to be doing now.  8-)

4 comments:

  1. Hey, Babe! Ya know what? Way back yonder when I was first married to your biological father, and I would be cleaning house, I was constantly getting sidetracked from one room to another. I would be working on something in one room, and carrying an object to another room to put it away. When I got into the room to put the object away, I started working on a completely different job that had to be done in there, not completing the first one. Does that sound familiar to you? Ha early mom ADD. Sounds like you have had a couple of really busy days. Love you ones forever. Mom Congrats on the new tv set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post Script...You could call them do scarfs. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daryl dubbed me "Butterfly" before many weeks of being newlyweds! In fact, I got on here to do another module, saw Mom online, chatted a minute, the browser froze, called Mom to let her know why I stopped in mid-conversation, she told me you had a good blog, got the computer fixed, re-started, got back online to do the module, remembered that I hadn't read your blog yet....you get the picture! :-) On to the module!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA...God knew better than to put us all in the same city to live. Can you imagine how many different directions we would be pulling each other all the time. 8-)

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)