Wednesday, October 13, 2010

More Random Musings

Here I am again.  Tomorrow is my next chemo treatment and as usual I feel like running in the opposite direction.

I've been feeling really good the last few days and have even been doing the treadmill.  I hate to go back to the bad feelings that chemo brings on but I guess I don't have any choice.  I've been feeling so good that when I sent out an email for work this morning, to all the schedulers here, someone accused me of being "perky".  HA. 

There is very little going on new here.  It rained really hard last night...BIG storm.  I had my earplugs in and I heard it crashing around out there.  The birds are all happy and singing outside right now.  I have the windows open so I can hear them and to torment the cat with them...muwah wah wah.   (See wide body tormented cat below)

 

There is this girl at work who is kind of mean all the time to people.  One day a bunch of us were standing at the guy's cube that is next to hers just chatting and laughing (ok, yeah, I have a big laugh and it might have been a little loud) and she stands up and says "Could you guys SHUT UP...I'm on a telecon."  We all kind of looked at each other and skulked away.  (We moved to my office and had a good laugh over it.)

Today she has all these women at her cube and of course I'm working from home and chatting on the IM with the guy she told to shut up and he says they are all laughing and cutting up at her cube.  I told him that he should say, "Could you guys SHUT UP...I'm on an IM."  I thought it would be funny but he wouldn't do it.  So much for my fun today at work.  I SO would have done it if it had been me.  (Of course, I would have made it into a joke...and she would have been laughing by the time we were done.)

Now that we have the new TV hooked up it is really amazing.  It is like being there in the movie with the actors...it is so clear and sharp.  I'll bet actors hate the new LED TVs because it shows every wrinkle on their face in great detail.  I know I wouldn't want to be seen in that great a detail on any screen.  HA!

Hope everyone has a great day!  I'm going to go enjoy the rest of mine.  8-)

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Babe...great post, really upbeat and funny! If I had been there (at work) I would have done the "would you please SHUT UP, I am on an IM telecom" aha ha ha. Just too funny. He must be a nervous Nellie to not do that. (or just too kind). Love the pic of poor Shadow drooling to catch the birds outside. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow while you are getting your veins pumped full of that ugly stuff. Love you'n's forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post Script...hey you know what the word verification was for the last comment? Dread...how odd and apropos is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lady, you have a fat cat.. We sometimes call her (Shadow) 747...

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)