Thursday, October 14, 2010

Sitting In The "Chair"

Here I am...sitting in chair eleven. They have numbered all the chairs at the Cancer Center. I guess it is like waitressing...you know how they number the tables for the waitresses so they know which ones are their tables?  It's the same only here it is nurses that take care of the patients in chairs.

Isn't it amazing that there would be a Cancer CENTER here.  Actually there are more than one in town.  Kinda makes this town a suspect for causing cancer (paranoia dancing around in my head...LOL).   I think it is natural when you end up with cancer to wonder why you got it.  I wonder that a lot...I SURE don't want to do whatever it was again. 

I have the pleasure of having Kendra as my nurse today. I had an allergic reaction to the saline they were putting into my port to clean it out. Allergic to saline...can you believe it? It caused my throat to close up just like when I have an asthma attack. It eventually passed but it was pretty scary.

Kendra just told me a story about how once, when she was giving a patient her steroids, her patient said she was on fire in her "personal area". The woman asked for a glass of water and so Kendra goes to get her one thinking the woman is thirsty. When she gets back with the water, the woman proceeds to pour the water down her pants. She wanted to put the "fire" out...how crazy is that? I absolutely rolled on the floor laughing at her as she told this story.  She is a very graphic story teller.  8-)

The doctor has once again said that I can do without the neulasta shot...YIPPEE. No bone pain this time either. I am greatly relieved about that.

I wrote the portion above while getting the chemo treatment.  I stopped writing while there because I was on my IPAD and while the IPAD is a cool toy, it leaves much to be desired for typing data in.  We are home now after having a nice meal at Cracker Barrel.  (Breakfast for me, lunch for Tom)

We went to Walmart after we ate and I found a Thanksgiving Wreath for the front door and two big vases for the living room with some stuff to go in the vases.  I had spent so much time decorating for fall in FarmVille (Reference online game) that I thought I might as well do something decorative in 'real life' too.  I spend so much time here right now, it is good to shake up the scenery now and again.  8-)

I was happy to see that my new puppy in Farmville (whom I named "Fickle" because he runs away if you don't feed him every 24 hours) had not run away while I was gone since I wasn't able to feed it on time today.  (Thanks Mom for the hints and tips for puppy raising!)  My mom, sister, husband and I all play Farmville together...we have a lot of fun passing gifts back and forth.  It feeds my giving spirit.   lol

I feel fine after the chemo treatment...the steroids of course have me on an artificial "I can do anything" high.  This will last at least until tomorrow night so I'm gonna go take advantage of it and do some treadmilling in a little while. 

Hope everyone is having a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Babe! Glad you made it okay today. Too bad about the saline. who would have thought? Great story from the nurse. Happy you didn't have to have the Neulasta shot. Love you'n's forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)