Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Today Is A New Day

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.  James 1:2 – 4 (NIV)


OK, so I was bit whiny yesterday.  Today...not so much.  Today is a new day.  The sun is shining, the birds are singing and I woke up this morning with the song "Joy, Joy, Joy" in my heart.  I actually woke up off and on last night thinking how wonderful my life is.  Many many things to be thankful for.  Obviously the chemo is getting out of my system and my body is healing and preparing for the next dose.  I am more like my old self than I have been since the first treatment.  It's GOOD to be back.

I have a car that I just bought towards the end of May that is a Camry Hybrid.  The engine partially runs on a special battery system which saves fuel.  It works really well, but every so often, if it sits without being driven, (like now) I have to start the engine and refill the battery.  If you drive it to work during the week, this isn't an issue.  Yeah, I don't know all the intricacies but I love the car and I love being able to help the 'green' idea.  Anyway, today I realized that I hadn't even started it up in a couple of weeks.  (My  husband takes great joy in driving me around right now and I am thankful he is there to do it.)  so I sent an email to my two bosses (yeah, it takes two of them to corral me...lol) and said I was stepping away from the desk for a few minutes and would be right back.  The car started up just fine with no issues and I drove around until the battery picture filled up (about 10 minutes) and have parked it again to rest until I go for the surgical follow up tomorrow.  (I wanted to make sure it would start BEFORE tomorrow...lol.  I'm such a worry wart.)  YEAH TOYOTA.  8-)  Anyway, my body is like that Camry...they threw some poison in it and I needed time to drive it around and start the battery going again.  8-)  YEAH GOD for making my body rechargeable!

So I started today's blogging (is that a word?) with a scripture I ran across yesterday that seemed fitting for my life right now.  It would seem that we spend all our time on earth going through tribulations to make us mature (I can only assume this maturity would make us more 'Christ like'.  Since I am SOOOOOOOOO removed from being 'Christ like' then I totally understand why I get such fun tribulations...lol).  My life has been pretty much one tribulation after another and as I talk to other people, they have pretty much the same kind of life.  I'm not so unique.  So...this scripture gave me an attitude adjustment to be joyous when the trials hit.   Yeah, I can try that.  8-)

Today is a new day!  8-)

2 comments:

  1. I love those "oh...!" moments. Blessings on you as you consider it all joy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Daughter,
    It seems I have been going through such "joyous" trials over the past couple of years, too. Mine, of course, are different from yours. Your sister, Carol, (and Daryl) have each been going through trials as well. I realized from today's study that we gain joy in these trials when we look to God to help us through them. Praise God, He does help us so much more when we look to Him for solace and answers. That is how they become joy for us, because we learn that we can depend on Him. I appreciate your insights as you have expressed today. Keep hanging in, baby. Love, Mom.

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)