Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Are You Kidding Me?

I went to bed sniffling last night but since I have some serious heavy duty allergies anyway, I didn't worry too much about it. But...noooooo...in the middle of the night I wake up sneezing with this "it's only in one nostril, yup, I've got a cold" feeling. I woke up this morning feeling scratchy throated and drippy and thought to God. "A COLD? Are you kidding me? Cancer wasn't enough?"  (Yeah, I need a little anger management, I guess.)  I went out for one hour to eat a fun meal on Saturday and three days later, what do I get for it?  A COLD.  Fine.  Whatever.  I swear I washed my hands when I got home and cleaned off my IPAD with alcohol but I still got a cold.  Yeah...I'm a little whiny about it.  Shoot me.

7 comments:

  1. Sorry, honey, no guns allowed! I'm so sorry you be sick, bless your little heart. Praying for you instead. Love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAWWWWW....That's awful! Hope you are feeling better soon! Get plenty of R & R!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks...sorry for the pitiful post today...I'm sure I'll feel better tomorrow. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sympathy, sympathy, sympathy!
    No matter how clean I was (and ask the girls or Mom...I'm weirrrrdd about cleaning), Daryl would get sick every other chemo treatment. Don't give up your nights out....more sympathy! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Daryl! I am just going to stay away from everyone...take out will work for me and when I feel too cooped up, I'll go sit on the patio and enjoy the nature in the back yard. It's only for 4 more months. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually, this is Daryl. In the words of my cancer doc, "Just because you have fleas, doesn't mean you can't get ticks, too." - DB

    PS - I have found that Emergen C Immune Therapy works very good at boosting my immune system during chemo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are giving me a shot of neulasta ~24hours after chemo and I guess it helps because I am definitely fighting off this cold but I will ask the doctor about the emergen c therapy too. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)