Saturday, February 5, 2011

God is Faithful!

I'm heading out to get my pedi, mani, and facial today...whoo whoo!  I'm getting to have some fun with Nancy too.  We always laugh a lot together during my beauty treatments.  They really don't make be beautiful but certainly help make me more socially acceptable.  8-)

My white and red blood counts feel like they've returned to normal...I won't really know until next Thursday for sure.  I know that I am no longer bruising (red cells out of whack causes that) and my shingles are clearing up (I've been on antibiotic for a week) which were caused by my white cells being so low.  I have more and more energy...yeah...I'm definitely just about mended I think.  God is faithful in his healing of me.

Tom and I are doing our weekly shopping after my beauty stop.  He is going to drive me in and pick me up.

Yesterday was Tom's birthday and we spent a quiet day with me working and him playing on his computer.  He picked up our usual Friday Thai food and we had some cake together for his birthday.  We really do like our life's simplicity and the fact that I have Tom to share it with.  8-) God is faithful in my simple home life.

I thought today's Max was fitting...I don't have to be beautiful for God to love me.   8-)  A little reassurance that even with all my imperfections, I am loved fully and completely by God.

"Absolute Love

“His love has taken over our lives; God’s faithful ways are eternal.” Psalm 117:2 

The Message 

God’s love for you is not dependent on how you look, how you think, how you act, or how perfect you are. His love is absolutely nonnegotiable and nonreturnable. Ours is a faithful God."

Amen and Amen...

By Grace Alone -

-T

4 comments:

  1. Hey, Babe...So glad that life is getting back on track for you! Thanks for the Lucado...it helps make my day, too. Have fun today...and come home refreshed. Love you'ns forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I tell Emily, you're beautiful both inside and out. The inside beauty gives depth and character to the outside beauty. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMEN and AMEN!! God loves us no matter what we look like. I was just telling Dustin this morning how faithful God is. Dustin's biological dad and his step dad that raised him for 5 years have both abandoned him. I told him that God never will abandon him.
    Hope you have fun today.
    I also like a simple life. Glad you & Tom had a nice day yesterday on his birhtday!
    Love and Prayers, Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo....how was the mani/pedi?

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)