Sunday, February 6, 2011

Lord, Please Make Me Teachable

Well, Carol...you asked how the manicure and pedicure were...they were good...but the facial was amazing.  When I arrived my skin was dry and flaking and gray looking.  (Chemo patients  have the worst skin!) But...when I left, my skin was clear, moist, soft, and all pinked up.  It still looks great today.  Eminence is an amazing product.  I got samples from them for 2 dollars each and they sent me enough for 4 facials.  One of them was the Rosehip Maize Exfoliating Masque and the other one was the Raspberry Pore Refining Masque.  Both were designed for sensitive skin.  It is like having new skin.  Nancy and I had a good time laughing and joking about anything that came to mind.  So, I got this great Eminence facial for four dollars and had a lot of fun doing it...how cool is that?  It is good to be around other people again.  8-)

After the beauty appointment, we did our Wal-Mart shopping, ate at Subway, and then we were going to get groceries but I didn't have an ounce of energy left so we went home and relaxed the rest of the day.   It was already about 3:00 by then and I'd been out and about since 9 that morning so I feel like I did pretty good for my first big venture out.  I have no idea how I'm going to make it through a full day of work...we'll see how that goes next Friday.  Not sure if I told you or not but I decided I wasn't ready to go in last Friday like I had originally planned.  I am sure now that it was a smart move.

Here is the Max for today...it is interesting how the same words can affect different people in different ways.  We find ways to apply God's words into our lives as they stand today.  I could probably read this same scripture and Max offerings in a year and interpret them completely differently. 

"The Purpose In Our Pain

“Your faith makes you offer your lives as a sacrifice in serving God.” Philippians 2:17 
When we face struggles, we often wonder, Why? Years from now, though, we may realize that it was those struggles that taught us something we could not have otherwise learned—that there was a purpose in our pain. God’s purpose is greater than your pain, and he has a greater purpose than your problems."

I am glad if God is using my pain to teach me something that I would not have otherwise grasped.  8-)  That would definitely make it worthwhile.  (Lord, please make me teachable...)

By Grace Alone -

-T

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Babe, O, I agree with you and Max completely...I am still learning...my plea, too, is to make me teachable. I have so much left to learn. I thank God for you and Carol, and for what I learn through each of you. Love youn's forever. Mom. PS glad you had a good day out yesterday. Will continue to pray for strength for you and Tom.

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)