Monday, January 31, 2011

Busy Weekend

Busy Weekend.

Tom was home on Friday (He works 9/80s and gets every other Friday off.) and work was still going on for me at a fairly hectic pace.  I honestly can't remember what I did on Friday other than work so I guess it wasn't important.  HA!

Saturday, he worked on washing all the snow and sludge off of his truck and I finally opened my new furniture for holding DVDs and BluRays and got them set up.  The room looks much better now.  I still need to put some curtains in there (there is a black out shade up right now but curtains would complete the window...maybe some toppers...we'll see) but considering it is just an exercise room, it's not on the top of my priority list..).  Right now, it is the least used room in the house because I haven't had the energy to do any exercising but I'd say that pretty soon, it will get used again.  (Do you hear that Mr. Tom?  We're getting back to exercising soon.  8-)  Muwah wah - evil laugh)  Here are some visuals of the room.  Tom built the shelves under the TV.  Isn't he just a great 'handy man'!




Sunday we went shopping and while I was exhausted when it was over, it was really really good to get out.  We made our Wal-mart and Publix runs so we are good to go for this next week.  We also ate out at Cracker Barrel which is always good eating.  8-)

Mom's friend Ina is currently going through all the testing associated with the beginnings of breast cancer.  I totally sympathize with her and know that this is very painful and tedious.  It is a very stressful time and she will need all the prayers that you guys can send up to get her through it.  It looks like she already knows that she has to go through Chemotherapy and Radiation (I capitalize these two words out of respect...) as well as having both breasts removed.  I didn't go with the mastectomy option because the surgeon (and my research) showed me that it wouldn't improve my life expectancy to any degree. 

Hope everyone is having a great day!

By Grace Alone...

2 comments:

  1. I love the cabinets!
    Good job on the shelves, Tom!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Babe...The room really looks great and I'm so glad you are feeling better. Tom is an excellent carpenter and builder of things. So happy that you are praying with me for Ina. Loven' youns forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)