Thursday, February 3, 2011

More Ramblings 8-)

Yesterday...not so much going on.  Did the treadmill again...(YEAH ME!!  HA)  Worked all day.  Cooked supper then got a call from the guy that is teaching my classes for me.   He had just arrived from California and was trying to find the Jetplex.  Of course, he was trying to find it in the dark so that made it a little harder for him.  So I offered to meet him at his hotel this morning and let him follow me in.

We met at 6:15 at his hotel and I got to watch him finish eating breakfast (I was a little early...oops) and then we headed out into the cold cold weather.  It was so cold that my nose and eyes ran like little faucets.  (Still having some side effects from the chemo...o well...this too shall pass eventually.)  Anyway, we go there with no problem and I checked him in with the guard and vouched for him so he could come back tomorrow and finish up the classes  (without me having to take him).  I showed him all around the training room and made sure his computer worked on the docking station and that the projector worked as it is supposed to.  Then I ran away as quickly as possible...HA!

I got back home and put out all the fires that were already stirring up from work (it was only 7:30 when I got back...don't these people ever sleep?) and now things have died down to a normal state of being. 

I go this afternoon to have the body cast made for the radiation treatments.  The cast is supposed to hold me mobile while they shoot the radiation into my breast and under my arm into the lymph nodes.  (I may have already told you guys this....if so...sorry.) 

Tomorrow is Tom's birthday.  I still have to wrap his presents...man I am so behind on some things.  I believe he is off tomorrow also so I'll have to get it done today. 

Max's words for today...Maybe having a 'common life' isn't so bad after all...as long as we 'listen' to it.

"A Common Life

“The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure hidden in a field.” Matthew 13:44
When you list the places Christ lived, draw a circle around the town named Nazareth—a single-camel map dot on the edge of boredom. For thirty of thirty-three years, Jesus lived a common life . . . 

And the town may have been common, but his attention to it was not . . . He saw how a seed on a path took no root (Luke 8:5) and how a mustard seed produced a great tree (Matthew 13:31-32). Jesus listened to his common life.

Are you listening to yours?"

By Grace Alone -

-T

4 comments:

  1. Hi Teresa! Good to hear you're still feeling so good!! Yay you, on the treadmill!
    A common life sounds good to me! Love Max's words.
    Good thing nobody caught you at work! They would have tried to keep you there! LOL
    Keep up the great spirit!!
    Love and Prayers, Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Babe...I agree with Sharyn..I was thinking as I read it that someone would see you there. Thank Goodness they didn't. Carol is having lunch with me today. Soup and French bread, at my home. (that still sounds a little strange - my home). Glad you are still doing the treadmill thingy. I really need to get me one so I can do it here. I may yet. Loven' youn's forever. Thanks for the Max Lucado, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually...it was a completely different building that I took him to than the one I work in. This was the training building in Madison...I work in Huntsville.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're amazing! I'd be so whining about needing time to get my head together, breathing, etc. You and Daryl are like the Energizer bunnies!

    Hmmm.....sounds like we're being challenged to learn the lessons around us...to pay attention to details...food for thought.

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)