Thursday, January 27, 2011

House Keeping and Radiation News

She said, "If it's dirty, I clean it."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing...

I said, "Huh?" 

She said, "If it's dirty, I clean it."

I said, "Even the baseboards?"

She said, "Yes!"

She even cleans UNDER knick knacks and under DVD players.  She picks things UP to dust.  Where did she come from?  How wonderful is this?  I've had cleaning people for years and they NEVER pick stuff up and dust under it.  I just know it won't last...she's too good to be true.  She attacks cleaning just like I do.  WOW.

I got back from my Dr. appointment this morning and my house smelled WONDERFUL.  Nina was almost done with the cleaning and it shone everywhere.  We had this really bad little vacuum cleaner outside that was supposed to have been thrown away and she was trying to use it to vacuum.  I had forgotten to tell her where my Kirby was.  I showed her and walked her through the changing of the attachments and she used it to take care of the two rugs in the house.  (She even carted off the little cruddy vacuum cleaner to dispose of it.. YEAH, NINA!)

My Cancer Radiologist appointment went very well.  He came in and said, "You look GREAT."  I said, "thank you...(modestly...HA)"   He said, "No, really...most people two weeks after completing chemo look really bad but you look great."  I just told him it was God's doing, not mine.  (Big grin...)  He said they normally wait 6 weeks after chemo to start radiation but if I was game, he was going to get me started 4 weeks after chemo.  I said I was DEFINITELY game.  He said the side effects would be sunburn to the area and fatigue...o joy...

Next week I have an appointment for them to make the 'cast' of my upper body that I will be lying in every day as they do the radiation.  It will keep me from wiggling around (supposedly...good luck with that)...I'll let you know if it works or not when we get there.  Radiation starts on 2/14/11.

I also talked to my Cancer Nurse today.  I told her that I had gotten the Eminence stuff for doing the facial and that my hair dresser is going to do the facial for me and she was SO excited.  She is WAY more excited about this facial stuff than I am.  HA.  The eminence place sent me samples to try (for a small fee, of course but that small fee was MUCH less than actually buying the products and then finding out I was allergic or anything.  A container of the eyecream that I got a sample of normally runs ninety dollars.  I have to KNOW I like it before buying that stuff...LOL) and we'll use those to do the facial with.  It will be good to exfoliate this dead skin off of my face.  8-)  Chemo is really hard on the skin.

She also filled me in on why radiation is so fatiguing.  She explained that my already compromised red and white cells will get another hit from the radiation PLUS I have to go and get the radiation done every day and it is all just exhausting.  Well...I've been exhausted at the end of every day for about a year now so I don't really see that as anything new...we shall see.  8-)  Amy has really been a wealth of information throughout this entire process.  I thought today was our last call but she said nope...she is here for me through the entire process and she'll be doing a 3 month check up and a six month check up when radiation is complete.  I couldn't ask for a better Cancer Nurse. 

Hope everyone is having a great day!

By Grace Alone -

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Babe...such wonderful news, so upbeat, and I am so glad to hear it. I know you still have a long way to go, but you have already made a major part of the whole journey. I feel so blessed to have been able to make my part of the journey by your side (so to speak) and to share in the joys as well as the difficulties if it has helped you any. Loven' youn's forever. Mom
    How great to find such a wonderful housekeeper, too! I know that makes you happy. :)

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)