Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Getting Back Into LIFE

I finally called a company in town yesterday about getting my house cleaned on a regular basis.  I have an interview with them this morning at 10:00.  I'd like to get it done weekly (because I love a clean house) but if it costs too much for weekly, I guess we'll do every other week like we were doing before all this cancer mess.  We don't mess the house up that much so every other week would be fine but there's nothing like coming home once a week to a clean house so I'm going to see how much it would be for weekly. 

(I had the meeting with Nina and she is a wonderful lady.  She felt the same way about floors and bathrooms as I do and her weekly rate was not unreasonable.  She starts tomorrow...YEAH!)

My boss is also trying to get someone in from Saint Louis (home office) to do some of my training for me for the people that need it done immediately.  I don't really have the stamina to do all day training yet and he is nice enough to understand that and try to accommodate.  I have a 9:00 meeting for that.  Hopefully, it will finish before the cleaning lady gets here.

(This meeting went really well also.  They are coming next week to teach three classes for me.  Hurrah...relief pitchers...!!)

I am actually totally weaned off of Starbucks now.  I don't crave coffee at all since it made me nauseous during chemo recovery.  I did love my Starbucks but it is actually better to not have all that caffeine coursing through my veins (yeah...whatever...I'm working on convincing myself of this one.). 

I've contacted Nancy (my beautician and friend) and let her know that we need to get our schedule going for hair and nails again soon.  We'll start with nails since they are still attached to my fingers (HA!) and then, when the hair grows in, we will add that in and lengthen our appointments.  We always have so much fun together when we are doing hair and nails.  She always makes me laugh...she has some good stories...and that's all I'll say about that.  8-)

I am still seriously considering starting back to work on Friday.  When I say 'back to work', I mean physically back in my office at Boeing.  It is time and I am feeling much better everyday.  The nausea is greatly reduced and I am able to sit up all day (still exhausted at the end of it, but I am sitting up...) 

It took me all day to finish this silly blog.  Hope everyone is having a great day!

By Grace Alone -

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Babe...Sounds really great to hear you talking about getting back into the "swim" of life. Have you considered doing "half-days" until you build your stamina back up? Remember you will have to drive home after being at work all day. I'm glad you found a good housekeeper, too. Loven' you'ns forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really good news,to hear of you going back to work.I bet you feel like the first day of school.lol,Maybe your mom is right about half days for a while,of course you will know how much you can do.Hoav a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to see the effects of the chemo reduce so quickly! I am so grateful! I need a housecleaner so badly....Daryl wants me to hire one...but first I need to get the house de-cluttered! It may NEVER happen! :-)

    Blessings, Sis!

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)