Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Fingerprints and Faith

When they said that the chemo would change my DNA, they weren't kidding.  The fingerprint reader on my computer no longer recognizes any of my fingerprints.  It has been happening gradually over the last month or so.  It would randomly not recognize it and then I would put lotion on or lick my finger (to puff up the fingerprint) and it would work.  Now, no matter what I do, it doesn't recognize it.  Of course, being security conscious, I've always had lots of different passwords for everything.  (Yeah...I'm thinking of going and changing everything to one that I can remember.)  Tom built this really great database that houses all my passwords so I keep having to go into that and find out what my password is...that was a particular problem yesterday because I had to reboot and my windows logon password was not in my head and I couldn't get to the database without getting into my computer...(yeah, you can see the issue there).  Luckily, Tom has the same database on his computer so I just rolled my chair across the room and looked it up.  8-)  I'm not going to change my fingerprints though because it is my understanding that my DNA will correct itself in time.  Ah...patience...I swear I didn't pray for it but I keep having to use it.  8-)

Here is a little Max to brighten your day...

"He Meets Your Needs

“Don’t worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will have its own worries.” Matthew 6:34 
God liberated his children from slavery and created a path through the sea. He gave them a cloud to follow in the day and fire to see at night. And he gave them food . . . 

Each morning the manna came. Each evening the quail appeared. “Trust me. Trust me and I will give you what you need.” The people were told to take just enough for one day. Their needs would be met, one day at a time."

This stands totally true in my life.  God has always and I know He will continue to meet my needs in all things.  I am not worried about whether I end up in remission or they continue to find cancer in other areas of my body...I know that it will all fit His plan no matter what that plan is.  He has born me through the agony and total despair of chemotherapy and I know he will bear me through whatever the future holds.  I praise Him in all things whether it seems good or bad for me. 

By Grace Alone -

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Babe...I so feel what you are saying and feeling (even though I haven't traveled the path of cancer, I have traveled the paths of pain). Isn't God's blessing on us so wonderful? I praise him daily for the people in my life and for their glorifying of our God. I love you, Babe, so very much and Tom, you are so very dear to me, as well. You are both greatly loved. Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....changing fingerprints....you could commit a crime, hide out, and when they finally find you, they can't prove it was you b/c your fingerprint doesn't match....what a crime novel! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, hey, that would be a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, but I can see why no criminal would see chemo as worth it to change their fingerprints...HA! I am expecting them to change back though...lol.

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)