Monday, January 17, 2011

Difficulties never last forever.

I don't know where I learned it, but I have always learned to face adversity by knowing that there would be a 'last' time I have to do whatever the difficult thing is.   Difficulties never last forever.

This is what is getting me through this last chemo treatment.  I know that I won't feel this bad forever...I know it will end.  There is hope.  In all human endeavors, there is always hope.  

I took another sick day today because I am still not out of bed yet.   It seems that the mind and the body are so tied together with lethargy in this sickness.  I know it will eventually end though...tomorrow will be a little better and then the next day will improve until I am finally running around in my usual hastened pace to get all things completed before the day is over.  I really don't care right now whether anything gets done or not.   Although, the fact that I am blogging again is a good sign.  If I can do this today, then tomorrow's goal will be to actually work without taking a sick day. 

When she is allowed into the bedroom, Shadow never leaves my side.   She is at my feet as I type thinking that she is 'sneaking' over here and I won't notice her.  She stayed over on Tom's side until I started typing as though she thinks this distraction will allow her to go unnoticed.  I'll let her stay until she gets in the way of my stretching out.  If Tom were here, he would have already run her away from my side.  She knows he isn't though and will take full advantage of me.  I'm ok with that...8-)

I heard an amazing quote today I wanted to share with you by Marianne Williamson: "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.' We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." (A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of "A Course in Miracles", Harper Collins, 1992. From Chapter 7, Section 3])

By Grace Alone -

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Babe...I really like that quote.:) That means it is quite okay for me to "shine" and enjoy being around everyone and to laugh in the darkness as well as the sunshine. To enjoy entertaining those around me with my outgoing nature. Allll right! I am so glad you are feeling better today. Still praying for you both. The sun is shining here today. Loven' youn's forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa, SO GLAD to hear you feel better today and that you'll feel even better tomorrow!! I LOVE your quote! Sometimes we just need to hear these quotes to make us do some thinking. I love Shadow and it sounds like she certainly loves you! Still EXTRA Prayers and Love, Sharyn

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)