Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Back to Work

Well, Tom will be home soon...YEAH!  I've been lonely here today...I must be on the mend...lol.

I actually worked today (from bed, but I still worked so it counts...).  My boss even asked me when I was coming back (physically) to work.  That is SOOOOOOOOOOO him.  Like miraculously, since chemo infusions are over, I should be back on my feet.  I gave him the day after my doctor appointment to check my bloodwork as being the return day.  (Feb 10th apt...Feb 11th back to work if all is good.)  Anyway, my boss writes back and says he was wanting to do a luncheon for everyone in the group with birthdays and wanted me to join them for lunch.  I told him that if I could join him for lunch, I'd just come into work...lol.  It was nice of him to want to include me but I probably won't make that luncheon...8-)

My mom got good news today.  She doesn't have gallstones.  They just did a test on her to see if it was a problem.  I was very glad to hear it wasn't.  Since gallstones are created from excess cholesterol and calcium and her bad cholesterol was like NINETY SEVEN...I wasn't thinking that she had gallstones but what do I know?  I've never heard of anyone having such low bad cholesterol...amazing.

Well, Tom is home now...YEAH!  I guess we'll need to start thinking about supper now.

Hope everyone is having a great day!!

4 comments:

  1. You aound really good today! Yay! You're really gonna miss all that sleep that the whole world lets you get right now! Poor Daryl....his shortest commodity is sleep. And his body craves good rest...that and good food and lots of water seem to be the secrets to life. If I were but a better wife, I'd guard him better! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Babe...Yes, my cholesterol is low because I had been taking Crestor for a month, but only 4 times a week. Before I began taking it, my cholesterol was pretty high. I had stopped taking it in June because of my high liver enzymes. They had come down quite a bit to where they are only about 20 points higher than normal now. Really good news. I think things are getting more to normal now, thank God! Glad you are able to work today, even if only from bed. Loven' youn's forever. Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sleep? Six hours is a good night...

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO GLAD to hear you feel better today!! Sherman got hooked up to a 30 day heart monitor last night. Part of the monitoring system is a cell phone. We don't have cell phone service at our house! The cell phone keeps beeping & saying no service. We've called the place 2 times & they don't understand that we have NO cell service. Probably more calls today to find out what to do. EXTRA Prayers and Love, Sharyn

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)