Friday, December 31, 2010

The End of 2010

The end of 2010...

It is always bittersweet when the year ends.  This year, I have to admit, I am a bit glad that it is over.  We have all suffered enough.  It is time to look to the new year with new beginnings and new hope.

Last year, brought an increased healing of my mother (who has been fighting some liver disease for quite a while), the death of my father, a biopsy, the introduction of cancer into our immediate lives, two surgeries, 7 doses of chemotherapy, the closer knitting of my family, and the realization that no one lives forever.  Through all this, God held us in His loving arms and comforted us all through the suffering.  We have come out on the other side with our sense of humor intact and our spirits lifted.

I don't know what next year brings but I believe that my mother will continue to heal, I am ever hopeful that the words 'remission' are included in our vocabulary, our family will become even closer, and death will not enter into our lives during these future 365 days.  No matter what comes in 2011, I know God will continue to hold us in His loving arms.  8-)

Happy New Year, Everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Hey, Babe. Well said! I'll add my Amen to Tom's Amen. Lovin' you'ns forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to the new year with you all! Love you, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I also add my AMEN to that also? Well said, Teresa!! Here's wishing everyone a Blessed, Healthy, Safe and Happy New Year! Love and Prayers, Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharyn! I'm glad you made it back into Google. 8-) We really enjoyed chatting with you yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)