Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Meditating? Maybe...

Yesterday was just a blur. 

Work was busy and exhausting, so I decided to shut my little eyes at 4 and get some rest.

The phone rang almost as soon as I shut them.  Ugh.  I look at the caller ID...it isn't a number I know but something in the back of my mind told me I should answer it.

As it turned out, it was the Boeing Wellness group with my phone call addressing my stress levels.  OH yeah. I remembered after they told me so I worked on losing the 'annoyed' tone in my voice. 

She asked me what I was doing currently to relieve my stress and I told her about the blog and she got all excited because that was one of the things on her list that she was supposed to suggest to me. 

Another thing on her list was gardening. (Yeah...that's not gonna happen.) 

She ran through the list of things like, watching movies (do that), walking (do that), support system of friends and family (do that) and then she brought up meditation.  I tried to picture myself sitting in the 'lotus position' and going 'hmmm' several times a day.  Wow...I couldn't really see me sitting still for several times a day and doing anything that equates to doing NOTHING.  Even watching TV is interrupted frequently for whatever reason pops into my head while doing so.  But, I had to give her something for her trouble of calling so I said, "Sure...I'll try the meditation thing."  (I could tell she was feeling a little discouraged that she couldn't find anything new for me to do and I didn't want to be a difficult customer.)

She is leading me to the website where it is located and all of a sudden I feel someone grabbing my head.  I screamed VERY LOUDLY because there wasn't supposed to someone in the house.  All of a sudden I realized that the person grabbing my head was also kissing the top of it and it was Tom, who had just gotten home from work.  The poor woman on the phone (as I'm profusely apologizing) says, "Someone is a little jumpy, huh?"  Well, DUH.  I lost track of time and NOBODY was supposed to be in the house. 

Anyway, after I got off the phone, I tried one of the meditation directions.  It kept making me yawn out of pure boredom.  Of course, I guess if you're bored, you can't be stressed too much, huh?  I made it through the first sixty seconds...I might listen to a couple of minutes sometime today if I can find the time.  8-)  I am supposed to give her feedback on it next time we talk....ugh.

(For anyone that is interested in meditating, the website is http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22.) 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Babe, It is a wonder you didn't go to sleep when you were doing the meditation thingy, except it is pretty difficult to sleep if you are in the Lotus position. Now I can sit in my computer chair and be asleep before I realize it. It is only when my head bonks on the computer table that I realize I have conked out. ha.
    Relaxing is important, though, to relieving stress. If a good scream can help, then what Tom did could certainly be beneficial, but I'm sure the massages help much more.
    Love you'n's forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)