Sunday, October 3, 2010

Nadir and Autumn Chills

I really have no theme today.  I normally start these with one thought in mind but I've been sick the last couple of days so I don't really have one big thought to fill this up with.

I have been in what they call 'Nadir' for the last few days.  This means it is the point in time between chemotherapy cycles in which I experience low blood counts.  Basically no energy and just feel like saying 'ugh' about everything. 

I'm feeling quite a bit better this afternoon so I thought I might try a few thoughts.

It has definitely turned into fall here in Alabama.  We opened the windows this morning all over the house and enjoyed the brisk fall-like feeling. 

At one point, I went out to the mailbox and found that my scarf from Coldwater Creek had arrived yesterday.  (oops...too tired yesterday to walk out to the mailbox...see how I'm improving!!  I walked all the way out there today.) 

It was very cold in the house by this time so I put the scarf around my neck (I already had sweats, warm woolly socks, and a sweater on) and put on my new leather coat that we got a couple of weeks ago and came modeling it in to my husband. 

"What do you think of my new scarf, honey?"  I ask him.

He gives me a sideways glance while still working at his computer.  "I think if it is too cold in the house, we should shut the windows."

I told him that would be nice and continued to wear my coat and scarf for a while until it warmed up after he shut the windows.

So much for the fashion show...lol.

6 comments:

  1. Hey, Babe, I'm glad you finally felt well enough to post today. Glad you were able to model the new clothes, too. Hope you will feel better tomorrow. Love youn's forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom is a good man! :-) I love how he loves you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Teresa,hope you have a good day today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Barbara! So far, it has been a really good day. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't sure you knew who I am,I tryed before to comment,but couldn't.Then this morn.bingo it goes through.You know that I am Imazo's sister,right?Well I have been hearing of you and Carol for awhile now.Hope you are well again soon.I will be praying for you,you will give it your all,I am sure.hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Barbara -

    I did not know who you were. WOW...small world. Aunt Imazo has always been a favorite aunt to me. YOu'll have to say hi to her for me.

    Welcome to my little whiny world...lol. I created this to deal mentally with this silly disease. I really didn't expect anyone else would be interested in it. I'm really glad you visited.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)