Monday, October 4, 2010

House-ITIS

I've been in this house for the last 9 days.  I definitely have house-itis.  (Yeah, house-itis isn't really a word but I KNOW you get what I mean.)

I don't leave because this is the season of colds and flu and I am afraid of getting sick on top of being sick.  (Note for any new readers...I was diagnosed with breast cancer in July and am now going through Chemotherapy to make sure they kill any cancer cells that are remaining in the blood stream...more fun than a barrel of monkeys, I can assure you.)

I am looking forward to this weekend because I go see Nancy to get my pedicure and manicure (She usually does my hair too but there really isn't anything for her to work with up there right now.)  This time I'm gonna see if she can shape up one of my wigs so I have some actual hair to wear.  8-)  Right now I hate my wigs but am hoping she can make me love them.  (Good luck with that, Nancy!)  There are very few people in the salon when she does my hair so I don't worry about getting sick there plus my white count should be on the rise by the time this weekend rolls around.

I have several hats and do-rags to wear out in public though so I am not totally without acceptable head wear. 

Anyway, back to the house-itis...

I've always considered myself a 'homebody'.  I loved to be at home.  Of course that was when I was AT work all day five days a week.  (Right now I still work but it is from home...)  I loved to come home and be home.  I hated it when we'd have to do shopping runs on the weekend. 

NOW...I can't wait to walk out that door.  Sometimes, I go out and sit on the patio just to leave the house.  How pathetic is that??

I shake up the scenery inside the house by picking different rooms to sit and work in during the day.  I never sit in the living room during the day because that is where Tom and I relax in the evenings.  I sit in the office in the morning when the heavy duty work for my job is going on.  Afternoons are a little quieter so I move myself to the guest bedroom where there is a tray for my work computer to sit on while I sit in the bed.  (I am usually pretty wiped out by afternoon so this also allows me to stretch out while I work and get some rest to my body even if not my mind.)

I believe that I just may change my thinking about wanting to be at home in all my off time after these next few months.  The outside world is looking pretty good right now.  HA! 

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Babe! I loved your patio (if you remember, I spent a lot of time out there.) Sometimes, I get a little houseitis as well, but I can get out without worrying about catching something that could really lay me low, like you could catch. Most days I don't get out except to walk down to the mail box, but that is my choice not my have-to. Thinking of you almost all the time. Loving you forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get Tom to fix you a router in the gazebo so you can get internet out there....adds one more spot for you to escape to! (and get some Vit D to boot!)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! Yeah, I need to go out and clean up that gazebo. (Just need to spray it down with a hose) Our house phone works out there...I wonder if the wireless would work out there...hmmm...wheels are turning. Great idea, Sis.

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)