Thursday, October 7, 2010

Adjusting to Hardships

I am now truly a picture of how we (as humans) can adjust to anything that is hard our lives.  Throughout this blog I have whined and complained and moaned about how tough these chemo treatments are, how bald my head is, how adjusting to all these changes are so tough...blah blah blah.  (Sorry, that was the whole purpose of the blog.  I normally have nothing to say about anything...)  I have adjusted to the Taxotere chemo treatments now to a point where it isn't an all consuming 'thing' in my life.  (Today anyway) YEAH! 

(Wait, did I hear someone say, "Yet, here she is talking about it again...sheesh.")

I promise...when I leave this blog, the last thing on my mind will be cancer and chemo treatments.  I get a whole week to praise God for feeling good.  LOL  (Unfortunately, since you don't follow me out of the blog, you don't get to enjoy that part...sorry...)

I chose the heavy dose of Taxotere every three weeks (as opposed to a lighter dose every week) because I wanted to have more good days than bad ones during the treatment and so far that is working out fairly well.  I am now in the "Thank you, Lord, it feels good to be alive again" stage instead of the "Lord, why don't you just kill me and get it over with" stage.  LOL 

My oncologist keeps reminding me with every visit that the AC chemo (which starts around Thanksgiving) is going to be a lot worse than the taxotere chemo.  (Nothing like fear of the unknown to keep you going...lol)  The day of (and for about twelve days after) the taxotere treatment I keep wondering...how could it get worse?  Then I have days like today and realize that it probably could get a lot worse.

OK, in a week, when I'm going through my third treatment, I may get a little whiny again.  HA!  Feel free to steer clear of my little blogging rants then.  8-)

4 comments:

  1. Hey, Babe! You just keep on whining, and we'll just keep on praying...and feeling compassionately for you to soon feel better. Lay it on us, babe and we'll be here for you. Thank you for sharing and we'll keep on caring (whether you share or not). I'm so glad you have days that you feel like being in the land of the living. Love you'ns forever. Ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rant away!

    I find ranting helps me feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since cancer joined us, I've been constantly amazed at what the human body can endure and live through! Chemo is, we decided, designed to take you to the edge of killing you, and backing it off a notch. Fortunately, chemo docs/nurses know how to make it an easier trip. Daryl loves being rid of the "chemo brain" while he's off it! SOooooo glad for your good days! I think you planned it wisely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rant and rave all you want. We are here to listen and to pray!

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)