Saturday, October 15, 2011

Tiles, Pavers, and Paint

For the last month, we've been mulling over what to do with the concrete floor that will be under the gazebo.

And mulling.

And mulling.

We started thinking about tiling it.  (Can't make a decision on what tiles to use, too much work, would we crack them when we drilled to set the posts of the gazebo...the negatives just go on and on.)

So, tiling is out.

Then we thought about pavers.  Ugh...too heavy to carry all those pavers back to the cement platform.  That was out.

Then we saw in a Lowe's circular that there was something called rubber pavers that only weighed about 6 lbs each and were supposed to look just like real pavers when you put them down.

So we trekked out to Lowe's last weekend and alas...I wasn't impressed.  They looked like rubber, not stone to me.

This weekend, I got to thinking about painting it and then stenciling something cool on it.  We traveled around looking for cool stencils.  Lowe's didn't have any.  They sent us to Sherwin Williams.  SW didn't have any and told us to go to Lowe's...is that funny or what?  SW did also suggest Walmart so we went there and I found some but they were really small and this is 144 sq feet of stenciling to do...I wanted something a bit bigger.

This morning I got to thinking about the fact that I can hardly bend my right knee (pain from cancer meds I'm on...it does something evil and arthritic to the joints and it is particularly zooming in on this joint) so how am I going to get down there and stencil the floor?  So, I have chosen a nice 'Teddy Bear' brown color of a solid concrete stain/sealer that should go nicely with the ivory color of the gazebo.  Tom is gonna go get it today and we'll probably spray it on this afternoon.  We have a paint sprayer that should make the job really easy.  8-)

The gazebo should get here next week.  Yeah!!

Alrighty then...time for some Max for today:

"True Humility

By Max Lucado

The payoff for meekness and Fear-of-God is plenty and honor and a satisfying life. Proverbs 22:4, The Message

True humility is not thinking lowly of yourself but thinking accurately of yourself. The humble heart does not say, “I can’t do anything.” But rather, “I can’t do everything.”

I know my part and am happy to do it!"

By Grace Alone -

Teresa

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Babe, Do you have a Hobby Lobby? They have all kinds of stencils...But yes, a bum knee would be very preventative and not very conducive to that kind of activity. Loven youn's forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)